Thread: 912 Ducati regulator Quantum 912

912 Ducati regulator Quantum 912

Looks like im in the market for a new (or second hand) regulator the low battery warning light came on last week and when I landed I charged the battery for a couple of days and then started it with the multimeter in hand.
    These are the voltages I got

regulator output.jpg

20190919_191434.jpg

I am assuming that the capacitor and battery is saving my electrical system from being fried or could there be another problem apart from the regulator?

Confused,
    Henry.
    flying is good for you!

Henry,
    Not sure if you have solved the above problem?
    However, before buying a new regulator (they are circa 120) check the in line fuse from the regulator to the battery. The fuse holder is 'known' to be below par for the job and will burn out without any external signs. Also check the 'large capacitor' if the end has bulged it is no longer doing its job.
    Paul

Hi Paul, you are spot on!
    I replaced the regulator and still had the problem, further looking led to the fuse holder. I replaced it with a new heavier one and all works fine now. I need to rewire the dash in the near future anyway with circuit breakers to tidy the lot up a bit.
    I now have a working used regulator if anyone is looking for one. Just PM me.

Cheers.
    flying is good for you!

Henry,
    Pleased you got it sorted, for info I also check the 2 yellow wires (primarily but can be others) going into the 'multi connector' for being 'Z' ed.... The multi connector does not always 'line up' the spade connections accurately. The connector goes fully home but in doing so if the spade and cup is not aligned the cables are pushed out of the connector and take up a Z bend. I have in the past removed the multi connector and pushed each connector manually home to overcome the problem.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Long View Post
    Hi Paul, you are spot on!
    I replaced the regulator and still had the problem, further looking led to the fuse holder. I replaced it with a new heavier one and all works fine now. I need to rewire the dash in the near future anyway with circuit breakers to tidy the lot up a bit.
    I now have a working used regulator if anyone is looking for one. Just PM me.

Cheers.