Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread:

Hello Kissonions

I'm new to flying, just on the last part of my training (not past yet), I've bought a 2002 Kiss 400 (Ha ha ha!!!!!! I didn't know what the 400 meant when I bought it, only that the smaller 13sq/m wing should have less drag than the 15sq/m blades etc) and sure enough on my first solo I thought it was going to do a loop the bloody loop off the end of the strip.

I'm based at Headon field near Retford Gamston (nice little field, greta gang and 2 strips), hope to be as mobile as poss on passing so I hope to see other Kissonions.

I'm interested in getting my machine flying as efficiently as poss (wing trim) and any other advice.

I have made a nice upper and lower strobe fitting that could be of interest, I could att pics (when I've took them) if asked when I get to grips with this forum melarky.

Paul

Hi
    Paul just read your post There great little ships and you will have a lot fun her and your right she will leap of the ground but you will get use to it but on the other hand they are very forgiving treat her right and she will look after you.

i have had many hours of fun with flying from Cornwall to Sanddown, popham etc,

As to the 400 that stands 400KG all up weight and as you side 13 stands for wing area.

If you look on the adds padge you can see mine for sale as i have just bought a Skyranger kit.

Any Questions just give a me call on 01579 351087 or e-mail on john.doswell@btinternet.com.

Mark H on this padge is also worth talking to .

anyway take

safe flying

Cheers Bob

I would have gone for the Tanarg but the mrs loves flying like me but feels the cold SO WE HAVE GONE THREE axis

It s stange my kiss is in cracking condition but there dosnt seem to be any intrest only had one guy come out and he realy did like her but he was right on the weight limit for the seats. she realy is worth a look

Hoplfuly she will sell soon

take care safe flying

Cheers John/everyone

I wasn't clear in my first post, I did know about the wing area being the square meterage because I was basing my requirements of purchase on the Quiks stats but without spending 12000 upwards but I didn't know that the 400 meant all up weight until a month or 2 ago but I'm getting there.

The lads up at our airfield have mentioned this Popham gig so if the weather is kind I might be passed and will come down.

Buying Air Creations???? I can't weight people up? in the short time I've owned my Kiss it's like a magnet to others, they come over and say what great machine they look, I tell them it flys well but they all own the Brit stuff and you can just tell they would never take any the plunge and change over.

I bought mine with a long term view and I am looking to get many years of enjoyment from it.

I'm off to the airfield now to bring my trike back to decoke it in my garage so I'll take the strobe bracket pics and bung them on next log on.

Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome to the Kiss club. Like John I have had my Kiss 400 for approx 18 months, and am very pleased with it. It was a bit slow when I bought it, but have tweaked the wing, and it goes fine now. Its a bit of a pain to rig and de-rig, but you do get used to it.

The main advantage of the Kiss 400 over the larger winged machines is wing loading. You have a heavy trike supported by a relatively small wing, which generates a high wing loading. This means the machine rides turbulence very well.

If you want to get involved in fly-ins, then check out the Events and Competitions part of the BMAA website. I shall be trying to do as many as poss this year.

Good luck with the rest of your training. Might see you at Redlands (Swindon) sometime.

Cheers.

Mark Harris

Cheers mark

That is very helpful/interesting info, I am will be very interested in tweaking the wing to it's optimum as on taking my trike home for a de coke i ended up having to re bore it as the piston to bore clearences were at top limit, the engine will now have the poke of a new engine so I need to get MPH up to it's most efficient.

Paul

OK Fellas

What is the definition of "tweaking the wing" the only thing I know of is moving the hang point forward, other than that I'm on for any info.

Paul

Hi paul

before you any do thing like moving the wing forward i would stongly recommend that you speak to Paul dewhurst as this will alter the Cof G .

If you are trying to get an extra knot or two out of it its just not worth messing with.

Cheers John D

Moving the hangpoint within the standard range is fine. drilling new positions isnt!

There are other twaeks that make a bit of difference, but all have accompanying subtle secondary adjustment requirements, and are best done by a factory trained person.

Best to ignore the manuals advice to tighten the luff tensioning bolt with age - unless it is getting too light in pitch - as it makes it trim slower (and needs batten string fiddling to adjust for teh movement).

Paul

Cheers Paul/everyone

I wasn't concidering any drilling or anything along those lines, I might move the hang point forward in the future but I'm just gathering info at the moment.

My wing was in Flylight the week just before xmas for a full service with test flight by PD so I'm pressuming it is basically set up as it should be? Paul?? Anyways it's been blowing a gale and snowing for days on and off up norf wier I live so we ain't gooooin anywier.

Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast