Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.K. voluntary Rans S4 & S5 enthusiasts e-mail group

Senior Member 500 Club

U.K. voluntary Rans S4 & S5 enthusiasts e-mail group

January 2007, & the new season beckons.

Any Rans S4 tail wheeler or S5 tricycle microlight user/owner or 'would like to be', is invited to join our free monthly e-mail news letter.
    There are still some rebuilders, owners and would be pilots of these less known but excellent light single seaters out there who haven't heard of our dedicated GB free support & news e-mail group. Please pass the word. [I know about G-INFO but I really need e-mail addresses.]
    If you like the idea of economic reliable flight as this could be your way: the overheads are low, the pleasure enormous. Or use this forum to provide access.

Mike Hallam at btinternet dot com

Attached files

Senior Member 500 Club

Any would be Rans S4 or S5 enthusiasts who'd like the April news e-mail letter or wish to join the free e-mail owners/enthusiasts group may e-mail me.

mikehallam at btinternet dot com.

Hi there, we have one of these little single seaters sitting in our hangar gathering dust. It had brand new covering five years ago and has lain under dustwraps ever since. The owner has been in a couple of times and wishes to sell it. I have told him i'll get the best price for him I can. Contact me at aaa-microlight.co.uk if interested, Chris.

There's a nice little rans s4 just been added to the classifieds here in case anyone's looking for one.

But it's got damage :sad:

Senior Member 500 Club

Thanks,

Its in Scotland and I'll add the info plus pic. to the August RansMail which is just about to go out to group members.

If anyone else wants to be on the list either as enthusiast or potential Rans flyer, pls. e-mail me.

mikehallam at btinternet dot com

Senior Member 500 Club

Dion,

I guess it could be yellow S5 nose wheeler ? Yes amazing value, it's almost too good to be true for a whole aeroplane that has no real vices.

I have owned & flown my S4 for 4 years now and like all microlights it has modest speed, cruises really at 55 mph. The Rotax 447 engine is delightful and the best of them for reliability. Fuel consumption on mine is under 8 litres per flying hour, less on a long outing. Climb rate is excellent true some 650 - 700 ft/minute though my VSI lies and says 1000 fpm !

Insurance last 2007/08 about 120, onshore agent.

Oil is premixed and shaken. You'll need a funnel and hose to get fuel into the side filler hole. I tied a string to the funnel to hold it up to the hangar roof whilst tipping the measured jugfuls in. Rear tank hold 18 L, top tank if fitted 12 or 18 more.

PFA Permit fee 100, your Inspector will ask for under 100 [usually 60] petrol money as he'll have to make at least one through search to make sure your's is O.K.. Spares so far aren't hard to get.

Flying chacteristic absolutely fine in the air. BUT LIKE ALL MICROLIGHTS DO A POWER ON LANDING . Ease power off when inches off the deck.

Lastly why not e-mail me and join the UK base enthusiasts group, I do a voluntary RansMail every month by e-mail. Back numbers may help If you evetually get one & some members have loads of experience to help newcomers.

Try me on mikehallam at btinternet.com

Senior Member 500 Club

The JANUARY e-mail issue of 'Ransmail' has now been depatched to group members & friends of the Rans S4 & S5 a/c.
    If any readers didn't get a copy due to Spam filters or my send glitches please e-mail me.

Anyone else who fancies being on the mail out as it's free anyway so why not ? should drop me an e-mail.

mikehallam@btinternet dot com

Senior Member 500 Club

The FEBRUARY 2008 e-mail issue of 'Ransmail' has now been depatched to group members & friends of the Rans S4 & S5 a/c.
    If any readers didn't get a copy due to Spam filters or my send glitches please e-mail me.

Anyone else who fancies being on the mail out as it's free anyway so why not ? Then drop me an e-mail.

Senior Member 500 Club

The August RansMail has now been e-mailed out free to all on my list. If anyone else wishes to have a copy, pls e-mail me.
    Use a dot where it says ' dot '

Senior Member 500 Club

The September 2008 RansMail has now been e-mailed out free to all on my list. If anyone else wishes to have a copy, pls e-mail me.

Use a dot where it says ' dot '

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast