Thread: Static RPM

Static RPM

Hi!
    I've just changed my Sluka Prop from 2 Blade to 3 Blade Ground Adjustable Ivoprop. I've set up the pitch and the static rpm is around 6400 and reaching 6800 at 30 knots and full throttle. Can anyone with a Ivoprop 3 Blade give me some guidance on the static rpm they have adjusted to.
    Regards Gerry

not real name 500 Club

Static RPM

My prop is set to 16 degrees. Max revs tethered is about 5700. Max for take-off is 6000 and for cruise at 47kts I set 4800 to 5000 revs. Fuel consumption is 9 litres/hr at cruise.

Static RPM

Bill Hi and many thanks for your settings! When the next reasonable day arrives again I'll coarsen my Prop a little to get similar figures. The 2 Blade prop I had was about those figures. The aim of the IvoProp is to reduce noise further and get rid of a little vibration effect with 2 blades at odd rpm. Comments from the ground were favourable on noise too.
    My landings are getting better now I round out with my bum closer to the ground. Also keep some power on to keep elevator authority. I do like flying in it and everyone who see it thinks it's cute! Sad!
    Again. Thanks for your input.
    Regards
    Gerry

not real name 500 Club

Static RPM

I would go for small incremental increases in pitch on the prop as every case is different -diameter for instance.

Static RPM

Hi Gerry

Mine has a 3 blade ivoprop.

The log book entry when fitted says, 9 deg pitch, 6200 static rpm. 6500 full throttle in a dive. 50kts cruise at 5000rpm

(although still undergoing refurb & not flown for several years, so can't vouch for the figures)

Regards

Nige

Static RPM

Nigel
    Thanks for that info. Once the weather settles (Haha!) I'll fine tune the pitch.
    I flew with the present settings last Saturday and it seemed fine. Will try and meet up if you want a look.
    If you airborne then fly across to White Ox Mead, Near Bath. Just call me on 07808 402404.
    Regards
    Gerry