Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Welcome

We want to be sure there are no off-topic posts in this section, so it is set up so that only moderators can post, but all registered users can reply. The idea is that an initial entry for a thread will attract replies, and the initial poster can then amend the first post so that it contains the best possible boiled-down wisdom the collective members can achieve.

I will add moderators to this forum over time, as members prove their trustworthiness to me or to nominated others, and hopefully this forum will grow into an extremely useful resource.

If you have an idea for an initial FAQ thread, please post it to the general group, so we can massage it into shape before moving it to here.

Regards, Steve

Welcome

Just 'tidied up' my original FAQ postings (ie they were placeholders until I got more time to fill them in), so if anyone wants to revisit the FAQ entires and check I haven't talked a load of old rubbish (No...surely not!), please feel free to do so.

Welcome

Being unable to post a new thread and being a newbie I'm parking my Q here boss.

A few questions starting with what flexi would be good for a 15 stone guy with very broad shoulders (passenger allowance inc) up to 7K?

also. am I correct in saying purchasing a craft would be financially better pre-training than using the training schools craft? It seems mighty expensive to by a share in a flight school craft!

Last of all. Are there any DVDs that run you through the training programme?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome

Hello Red Six

Same as Gavin's previous thread, I'm a relative newbie to microlighting and still building confidence in flying a Quantum 912 over ever increasing distances. Accordingly and still with an itchty throttle foot and questionable analogue fuel gauge, I constantly wonder about tank contents and flight duration remaining. Training was excellent and always highlighted need for a good buffer (and stop watch) when considering cross country flights which I incorporate in my flying.

However I'd feel much more confident with something a little more accurate than the Operator manual provides for fuel consumption calculations. I know some aircraft have fuel metering systems fitted. In this vein and having trawled the net for some time now, I'm still having trouble locating a suitably small flow (with small meter) fuel metering system. If anyone could shed any light on the subject and/or suggest any suitable sources I would be most grateful. Maybe justification for a new thread on fuel flow metering ? I'm sure some of the more techno types would also be able to use such a system as an indication of engine/carb condition ?

Best Regards

Bill C

not real name 500 Club

Welcome

A very welcome hello to you...

It might bring a quicker result to your question if you posted this in the technical questions section....

There's a wealth of knowledge here which I'm sure will produce the answer you need.

Regards

Graham

Welcome

To quote: It might bring a quicker result to your question if you posted this in the technical questions section.... unquote.

Just for the record, unless first time posters post here first, newbies are unable to start a thread anywhere else and hence both myself and Bill C being present.

Hence my post: "Being unable to post a new thread and being a newbie I'm parking my Q here boss".

&

"Same as Gavin's previous thread......"

This posting restriction is near anal and no good for newbies nor experienced.

What about pilots with experience wanting to join the forum?

Gavin.

Welcome

I can hand on heart say I have never been able to start a thread anywhere unless posting here first Peter.

I have tried to enter straight into the training forum but had to make the token post.

This did ferk me off a bit having administered 2 VB boards to leading manufacturers of watersports.

I'm not here to upset the BMAA but the posting process for a newbie is prehistoric and whoever administers the dosage needs new scales and a rocket up the arse.

I almost gave up and how many have?

Lardy.

Welcome

Thank you Peter. I'm pleased for others coming this way.

Tis easy to overlook things, so no problem from this end.

LA.

Welcome

Hi guys

Gavin was right, I did try to enter a new thread as there was nothing of much relevance on the site for fuel metering but I found I didn't have the option available. However a quick log out and in again seemed to sort the problem and I was able to enter the new thread in the tech section as suggested.

Received excellent feedback and now have enough info to move on. Still think I would've struggled to get the info elsewhere in addition to other info already on the site (a newbie would be interested in) so the site is now firmly on my favourites list. Thanks guys

Bill C

Henk

Welcome

Hi Steve,

My name is Henk and I have been up a couple of times as a passenger in my friends flexwing. I am affraid I am now hooked and i am definitely going to get my license and a plane myself. Problem now is finding a dedicated instructor and a place to keep my plane in the area of Gloucestershire. Can you advise me on this, do you (or the group) know where I can get the info or do you know someone / somewhere?

Many Thanks,

Henk van der Waard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast