Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The sky is blue and the sun is shining, so why won't you fly today?

not real name 500 Club

The sky is blue and the sun is shining, so why won't you fly today?

:shocked:

Wow... I find the theme of this thread amazing!!

I'm a lapsed 200 hrs Group A (24 years be blowed) now in my 60s and after a life-changing event last year decided to get back into flying - OK, who said 'before it's too late' :smile: - via microlighting. Now I'm going hell-for-leather to get my licence and I'll fly in anything that my Instructor will let me. For the past 2 weeks (total 3 hrs flying) we've had marginal winds - not just blustery and gusting but variable cross winds, bumps and pockets of lift on landing too (we're flying an AX3). It's been occasionally gruelling - but the grin hasn't come off my face yet. I've loved every minute of it even with some of the rickets I've made (all part of the learning curve getting those skills back I say ;-) ).

In the last 24 years while I've been unable to fly I've never lost the enthusiasm and now I'm back I'm gonna be up there as much and for as long as I can be. Don't care if it's pootling around locally or what - if it's flying I want to be doing it.

The trouble maybe with a few of the folks in this thread is ..... they've had it a bit too easy?? Just wait until the thing you want to be doing the most (flying) is denied you - year after year after year. You won't be moaning then about being bored with flying, I'll tell you.

Anyway .... must dash ... hope to be off for another lesson before the wind gets just a bit too high. Ta ta :turn:

not real name 100 Club

I'm with you Ginge. . . .

NO HURRY !!! It's nice to get some air under you, I appreciate Kev's comments re flying over the same bit of ground too often, but I find that taking a newbie passenger for their first ever flight is nice too, I love to see their reaction to movement in three dimensions!

I really WOULD like to go flying a lot more, . . .but this year, customers keep going "Bump" and I can't afford the sodding petrol !!!!!!!!! ( Mogas Crunch ??? )

Phil P

Because its costing me a dreaded 100 per hour when i do haha

not real name 100 Club

As a newly qualified pilot, I DO fly whenever I can. Up on Saturday for a couple of hours and twice on Sunday. The second flight on Sunday took the tally for the day up to three hours :-). The winds were quite strong up top, but if I wait for 5 kts down the runway and CAVOK I'd not get half the hours in!!

Diamond geezer 500 Club

> wait for 5 kts down the runway and CAVOK I'd not get half the hours in!!

Indeed ... those are quite rare conditions throughout the UK. See: http://speleotrove.com/weather/ ....

Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234