Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I hire a microlight?

Can I hire a microlight?

Yes - but currently only a single seater (or rather, you cannot carry passengers in a hired Microlight), and only if you hold a full licence (as against restricted). Having said that, finding somewhere that will hire one to you might be a bit of a challenge!

Can I hire a microlight?

Is this still the case? A chum & I are seriously considering a move from Class A to Microlights due to the ever-spiralling costs. We have found somone who will hire a decent hotship, but there's little point if we are unable to share flights.....

Can I hire a microlight?

I don't want to give too much away at the moment, but it's made in Poland I believe......

Can I hire a microlight?

There may just be some movement on dual seat hiring. watch out for an announcement quite soon........

Paul

Can I hire a microlight?

Thanks for the comment, Paul. Very encouraging!

Err...... any qualification of how soon is 'soon'? I know the question is virtually unanswerable, especially when it is applied to the sometime geological rate of progress of legislation, but I wondered if you had a feel for whether it would be in the next few months (in which case there would be a high liklihood that myself and The Gentleman Aviator would convert from GA this summer) or whether the timescale was likely to be years.....

Banned Banned500 Club

Can I hire a microlight?

Where is the rule which says a pilot can only hire on a microlight licence without restrictions? There may be local rules by hiring organisations but I was unable to find any overarching rule which says somebody on a restricted licence can't hire?

Joan

Can I hire a microlight?

Hi Paul,

That sounds very promising, as per the other post do you have any timescales for this?? I'm currently in the process of deciding on whether to go SSDR or get a share in an aircraft. If the answer is yes and we can hire a dual seat microlight then I can see myself going for one of your SSDR's but having the ability of hiring a dual seat microlight when the odd friend wants a bimble around the area!

I'm looking forward to this promising development.

Now the question is would some schools or clubs actually give people the opportunity to hire their microlights out even if the rules do change?? Could be interesting to see whether schools or clubs would actually be prepared to do this is another thing! I bet one of the requirements will be that you have to have a certain amount of hours on that particular aircraft(which is probably fair enough!!)

Regards

Paul

Can I hire a microlight?

Not really sure what I am allowed to say (for fear of getting it wrong!), but hopefully Geoff Weighell will have an official announcemnt on this very soon, when the final touches are put on the paperwork.

Paul

Can I hire a microlight?

I am also wondering if this is the case on aircraf such as the CTSW and Ikarus? My local school hires them but i didnt realsie i wouldnt be able to carry a pax.

Can I hire a microlight?

Cant see any snags with this approach Jeremy, as you say the plane will probaly be hired from a school, so shoudlnt be a problem grabbing an instructor for the reval time, if you dont get the hour from the odd check flight here and there. One advantage of the NPPL rules is that the hour doesnt have to be done on any one flight and can be anytime in the two year period, so you could collect the time in dribs and drabs if necessary.

Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast