Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Search facility now working

Forum Search facility now working

Can anyone who has a problem using the Search facility please let me know about it, as my testing has shown it to be working now.

Regards Steve

not real name 100 Club

searched for "shadow" and "Rotax"....no results for either

edit....apologies..i left options on "last month"...changed to "last year" and results came in

The key point is that it is no longer giving an error message related to dates.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Hi Steve,

Searches of In The Last Week, In The Last 2 Weeks and In The Last Month do not work. Yet if you search Any Date or The Last 2 Months, it will include results for the periods that don't work.

Thanks for your efforts.

Donald

Doh!
    Thanks for that.
    Confirmed that last week and last 2 weeks not working, but all the others, including last month, seem OK?

Your welcome Jeremy - If the software vendors ever replied to their damned emails, I'd be able to fix it properly!
    Looking at alternatives now as their support provision is untenable.

If you're looking at other systems then SMF, XMB, phpBB (I'm not a fan, too common and too many exploits but it does have a large community of users) are all good, and vBulletin power board is probably one of the best, but unfortunately is not free.

Personally I like SMF as its simple to use and stable, but it is lacking in decent themes. I found XMB to be very easy to customise layout wise and used this integrated into the main part of a website for quite a few years on a forum with a fairly high member count and it worked well.

There's also Invision Power Board (again not free, but there may be a free version) but I don't know a great deal about this

not real name 100 Club

Another forum I belong to (a gaming one hoho) use this software: