Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

  1. #21

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    Mike, as far as im aware the BMAA send out a reminder 2 months or more before subscription is due, How do you forget when you've been sent a reminder?

  2. #22
    not real name 500 Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Garden of England
    Posts
    1,634

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    Rick Goddin wrote: No I'm leaving that to people like you with your silly remarks Roger.
    Maybe Mr G but at least I've never been threatened with being banned from the forum for remarks I've made by Bob the Mod - unlike you. And quite recent too....

    Quick to get up on our high horse aren't we.

  3. #23
    Diamond geezer Banned500 Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SCOTLAND (LAND OF THE HAGGIS)
    Posts
    3,215

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    I am off to Milan to write my Manifesto..... the sun brings out the best in me, oh by the way Geoff Weighell gave me the lowdown on how to apply after I emailled him my request to stand for election, so I am applying for 2009.

  4. #24
    Senior Member 500 Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    527

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    Peter - You have said enough about the theory - you should be taking action now and not talking about it.

    Get yourself proposed and seconded and then everyone really has something to talk about. Until then - it is just more 'Hot Air'

  5. #25
    Senior Member 500 Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    941

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    We no longer send out reminders two months before, actually we never did the two month reminder/application form was the address carrier in MF the issue before the membership expired.

    Now we have a monthly mag we send out the carrier with the last issue of a membership run then a reminder letter if the member has not renewed three weeks later and finally another reminder letter two weeks after the membership has expired.

    Almost half of the membership now pay by direct debit so they never miss a magazine and we don't have to send any reminders. This makes administration a lot less time consuming which is why we can pass the cost saving on to the member with a £5 reduction in membership fees.

    Anyone with a bank or building society account in the UK can benefit from direct debit. Just call the office or download the form from the web site.

    Geoff Weighell

    Mike Cowlishaw wrote:
    Terry (very reasonably) wrote:

    > Mike, as far as im aware the BMAA send out a reminder 2 months or more before subscription is due, How do you forget when you've been sent a reminder?

    No idea how this applies to this particular case, as I don't know how the BMAA send out reminders. But I get 100-200 spam e-mail a day, and although I clear most of them the same day, if I am away for a week or so on business or on holiday, it is very hard to give every item its due, and, often, important ones get deleted. The same with paper mail .. 90% (maybe more) that comes comes through my front door isn't worth the paper it is printed on, and it is easy to accidentally throw out the significant envelopes with the tedious ones.

    And of course, if it really is sent out 2 months before, darn good chance that after two months one would have forgotten!

    Did renew my BMAA membership this year, however [IMG]/forums/emoticons/smile.gif[/IMG].

    Mike

  6. #26
    Diamond geezer Banned500 Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SCOTLAND (LAND OF THE HAGGIS)
    Posts
    3,215

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    Tony,
    As you will have noticed I am not talking about it, I am doing what is needed :turn:

    Tony Halsall wrote: Peter - You have said enough about the theory - you should be taking action now and not talking about it.

    Get yourself proposed and seconded and then everyone really has something to talk about. Until then - it is just more 'Hot Air'

  7. #27
    Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Warwick University, Coventry
    Posts
    2,230

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    OK, thanks .. will probably go for Direct Debit next time around, assuming I get through the NPPL in time... [IMG]/forums/emoticons/smile.gif[/IMG]

    [Edited to expand 'DD' for offline e-mailer. For NPPL please google.]

  8. #28
    Diamond geezer Banned500 Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SCOTLAND (LAND OF THE HAGGIS)
    Posts
    3,215

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    OK the time has come to see who will 'propose' and 'second' me ?

    I am happy to receive PM's from those prepared to pin hopes on me making the BMAA council a more workable place and to be able to better the microlight portrayal currently perceived by many.

    I am keen to stand for election and so I am delighted to hear that my plans actually fall into what certain council members would like to see. I have had pointed out to me that, that the “eyes and ears” bit doesn’t wash. Over the past dozen or so years I have been told that council has had more “eyes and ears” Council members than they could shake a stick at or than they needed. I was told they don’t last long and they are as much use as an ashtray on a flexwing. What I was told was the council really need some “sleeves rolled up” candidates and if that can be part of my plan I would be welcomed with open arms by at least one top end council member.

    I await the mass of PM's :shocked:

  9. #29

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    What is your new BMAA member number Peter? I could find out from the office but I am too lazy.

    I hope you realise that a clarification amendment is going to be made to the Constitution to insert the word "immediately"? I am proposing it and it is being posted to the seconding member tomorrow (C please note) for a postal vote in the usual way.

    regards Rick

    Edited to add: the draft of the proposed resolution will be posted in the Members Area in the immediate future.

    Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910 wrote:
    OK the time has come to see who will 'propose' and 'second' me ?

    I am happy to receive PM's from those prepared to pin hopes on me making the BMAA council a more workable place and to be able to better the microlight portrayal currently perceived by many.

    I am keen to stand for election and so I am delighted to hear that my plans actually fall into what certain council members would like to see. I have had pointed out to me that, that the “eyes and ears” bit doesn’t wash. Over the past dozen or so years I have been told that council has had more “eyes and ears” Council members than they could shake a stick at or than they needed. I was told they don’t last long and they are as much use as an ashtray on a flexwing. What I was told was the council really need some “sleeves rolled up” candidates and if that can be part of my plan I would be welcomed with open arms by at least one top end council member.

    I await the mass of PM's [IMG]/forums/emoticons/shocked.gif[/IMG]

  10. #30
    Diamond geezer Banned500 Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SCOTLAND (LAND OF THE HAGGIS)
    Posts
    3,215

    OPEN LETTER FOR THE BMAA COUNCIL

    As soon as I receive it back I will PM you it.

    Rick Goddin wrote: What is your new BMAA member number Peter? I could find out from the office but I am too lazy.

    I hope you realise that a clarification amendment is going to be made to the Constitution to insert the word "immediately"? I am proposing it and it is being posted to the seconding member tomorrow (C please note) for a postal vote in the usual way.

    regards Rick

    Edited to add: the draft of the proposed resolution will be posted in the Members Area in the immediate future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910
    OK the time has come to see who will 'propose' and 'second' me ?

    I am happy to receive PM's from those prepared to pin hopes on me making the BMAA council a more workable place and to be able to better the microlight portrayal currently perceived by many.

    I am keen to stand for election and so I am delighted to hear that my plans actually fall into what certain council members would like to see. I have had pointed out to me that, that the “eyes and ears” bit doesn’t wash. Over the past dozen or so years I have been told that council has had more “eyes and ears” Council members than they could shake a stick at or than they needed. I was told they don’t last long and they are as much use as an ashtray on a flexwing. What I was told was the council really need some “sleeves rolled up” candidates and if that can be part of my plan I would be welcomed with open arms by at least one top end council member.

    I await the mass of PM's [IMG]/forums/emoticons/shocked.gif[/IMG]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •