Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner

New owner

:rofl: :rofl: pee just flew my first owned Ax3 from Sywel to Priory farm in Norfolk. Not without problems but shit happens. Nice aircraft but slow and fuel thirsty two up and into wind. Still itsnot on hire.Brill
    G-MYYYL

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club

New owner

clive fletcher bmaa 2333 wrote:
    :rofl: :rofl: pee just flew my first owned Ax3 from Sywel to Priory farm in Norfolk. Not without problems but shit happens. Nice aircraft but slow and fuel thirsty two up and into wind. Still itsnot on hire.Brill
    G-MYYYL
    Nice one, well done and I hope that the problems you mention are nothing much. Welcome to the ranks of those who fly classic microlights. Believe me there is nothing wrong with slow despite the current fashion for rushing everywhere, it has a pleasure all of its own just sit back and enjoy :smile:
    Should you feel like visiting Essex this summer get in touch, we will normaly be at either North Weald, Jenkins Farm or Rayne. Of course we see you at Priory Fm or maybe the Tibenham flyin.

Thirsty, what revs did you cruise at and what was your fuel burn per hour? Just interested as we have yet to do any distance in ours. Although with the same engine our TST gives us 13lts per hr 2 up at 45kts (roughly 50mph). Our burn 1 up and at the same speed is 11ltrs per hr. A comparision would be interesting

Ginge

New owner

Hi Ginge. As this was the first i had flown the aicraft it was all a steep learning curve. I set the cruise at 5800rpm and recon 15 litres ph. This aircraft is fitted with twin tanks which gives it 50 litres max. I wiegh 77kg and my partner for the trip is about 90kg. I would say one up 11 lph. It needs a bit of TLC but nothing major. I intend to do as many fly ins as possible at the same time as getting the old girl fully up to scratch. I look forward to meeting you in the near future. All the best Clive. PS It came with the original owner manual so if you whant some info from it let me know.

New owner

clive fletcher bmaa 2333 wrote:

Hi Ginge. As this was the first i had flown the aicraft it was all a steep learning curve. I set the cruise at 5800rpm and recon 15 litres ph. This aircraft is fitted with twin tanks which gives it 50 litres max. I wiegh 77kg and my partner for the trip is about 90kg. I would say one up 11 lph. It needs a bit of TLC but nothing major. I intend to do as many fly ins as possible at the same time as getting the old girl fully up to scratch. I look forward to meeting you in the near future. All the best Clive. PS It came with the original owner manual so if you whant some info from it let me know.
    Yes 5800rpm sounds about right, what was your ASI reading at that? Of course as you get get used to flying her the consuption will improve as the old AX is the easiest thing I know to fly slightly out of balance. That's a skill that I am going to have to re-learn.

A nice looking AX3 called in at North Weald last Saturday but we didn't get to see the crew as we were at our little satilite base over the other side of the field. It looked like the yellow and red one from Plaistows.

I look forward to meeting up

Ginge

New owner

ASI was about 55 mph. Cant get used to mph i spent most of my time with knots.!!!

New owner

clive fletcher 2333 wrote:
    ASI was about 55 mph. Cant get used to mph i spent most of my time with knots.!!!
    I think that is fast cruise so that is probably why you burnt 15lts per hr.

I have the same problem with the MPH thing, it's also a right pain in the backside when working out your nav. Chart in nautical miles, ASI in statute miles I never could make any sense out of that :idea: I suppose it makes them sound faster ;-)

Ginge

New owner

tomorrow is maiden flight of AX3 G-PR should be going through Otherton,Upfield Farm & Stoodleigh, might pop into Wing Farm enroute

New owner

Got as far as Otherton...... will continue tomorrow to Stoodleigh. might go via Wing Farm or UPFIELD FARM.

not real name 500 Club

New owner

Is PR still in that rather attractive red/white combo Peter? Apart from the pod stickers it looks a lot like MYRO in the pics I've got of it.

New owner

Roger Mole wrote: Is PR still in that rather attractive red/white combo Peter? Apart from the pod stickers it looks a lot like MYRO in the pics I've got of it.
    Here are the pics I have of G-PR NOT RED /WHITE more bleached RED/GREY !!!! You will notice no idiot board on panel..... though today I thought I needed one !!!

I didn't realise they were quite so sensitive in the air, this one throws a paddy when you try anything unusual :shocked:

Attached files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast