Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the Foxbat and C42s please.

COAL ASTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRE

Opinions on the Foxbat and C42s please.

I fancy having a look at the Foxbat and C42 as a possible next plane. All opinions/views/hints/tips etc would be gratefully received.
    cheers

Ade

Both are great aircraft and in the end it will be pocket and personal choice, but for me as good as the C42 is the Foxbat is the daddy of the lot!

Fantastic slow flight, very very stable and easy to fly, excellent cruise, the viz is second to none and still a good price.

Also looks the dogs b's!

I'd love one myself but trying to find an excuse to part with about 36k plus the extra bits is a bit of a hard one to get past the wife. If you live in Hertfordshire and fancy a share let me know

just to balance it up a bit there are a lot of schools teaching on the C42 so you'd be able to convert very easily. What you flying at the moment?

Neil
    PS also Foxbat is LAA, C42 BMAA so again pay's your money and takes your choice.

Adrien.

You have chosen two planes which are hard to compare, rather like BMW 5 series v 3 series.

The C42 is perfect and if you never compared it you would have a superb plane for life. Along comes the Foxbat and you will go, are, I see. Everything is what you would expect and more, and all from the same engine.

Funny thing is that you might pay around the same monies for either but be aware, a used Fox must have the wing fabric wrapped around the leading edge. If not, allow enough bargaining room in the price to do it.

I looked at both before settling on an X'air Hawk, which actually does everything a Foxbat will do and leaves enough in your pocket to buy the horse a wife.

The PERFECT Foxbat is I think still privately for sale - contact me for info.

Hugh.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

I wonder which aircraft the engineer was referring to when he wrote:

"In a competing aircraft the flap lever is by your left ear, the throttle underneath the seat reached between your legs, and the single stick, brake and trimmer are all small levers moving fore and aft, mounted close together on a centre console."

I suspect he meant the right ear though.

Donald

Donald.

I also wonder which machine ' the engineer ' is refering to because yes the Hawk flaps on the left ear but after that I don't recognise his description!

Hugh.

I had the same question in my mind one time, I spent months researching both, speaking to owners of both, found out all the handling conditions, build quality, stability, look,vizual considerations, handling in both still air and rough, I had my sites on a c42, but after all this data was proccessed it was the Foxbat that indeed came out on top, but I would not be too upset if I had been the owner of a C42, but ask me to change over,, once having owned a foxbat, No way hossey, having flown both there is no competition, but if I had a school and wanted to train students then there is only one option the c42 as it is factory built.

Regards Steve

The relative numbers might give you a clue of what people prefer. There are 130 Ikarus C42 on the register (from about 2001) . There are 29 FoxBats (from about 2002). Icarus can be used at schools, FoxBats not, so some allowance for that but it loooks as though Ikarus outsells FoxBat by about 4 to one.

Similar to fly, Ikarus is faster and side slips better. Foxbat is more durable. There is however no Betts test required on the Ikarus wing skins.

Rick

COAL ASTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRE

Decisions, decisions........I'm beginning to regret selling the Skyranger. Looks like trying both, tossing a coin and hopefully making the right choice.
    Gents, thanks very much for the info.
    Ade

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Hugh Bethune wrote:

Donald.

I also wonder which machine ' the engineer ' is refering to because yes the Hawk flaps on the left ear but after that I don't recognise his description!

Hugh.
    Hugh,

Would you say the Hawk competes with the Eurostar SL? Or are we talking falconry here? :-)

Donald

The c42 is real hoot to fly. I defy anyone to fly a c42 and NOT land with a smile!

D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast