Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper and Buggy Parts KISS400-450

Hi guys

I am looking for a rear luggage box for the above, doesnt seem to be a lot of parts available and AC themselves have stopped producing them! Anyone any thoughts?

Clipper and Buggy Parts KISS400-450

Have you tried Flylight?
    Shame AC don't seem to produce them anymore. I wonder what other parts are going to be hard to get. I fly a GTE clipper with 450 wing.

Comment

We havent had any problems getting parts for the Buggy/ GTE / Clipper trikes. I guess as far as the luggage pods go, the model has been out of production for some years now, the luggage pod isnt something thats likeley to get damaged in a crash, so I guess they arent really selling any so have decided not to carry them anymore.

So I wouldnt worry too much about getting basic spares.

regards
      Paul (Flylight)

Comment

Paul, have you any idea of rough costs to replace the neoprene on a kiss 400 wing, also does flylight have any Ixess or Nuvix wings in stock?

Comment

Hi Jon

I had the neoprene replaced on my Kiss 400 sail a couple of years ago. The approx cost was 500, which included post and packing to/from Air Creation in France.

I removed the sail, and took it to Flylight for them to send to Air Creation. After that, I dealt direct with Air Creation regarding the work to be done; delivery back to me; and payment.

Ask to have all the neoprene replaced (including the section under the keel). I also got Air Creation to replace all of the underside battern elastic loops which were perished.

Best to give Flylight a ring first to see how they want to handle it.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Mark, thanks so much mate, that is exactly what i wanted to know, the price also fits with what I was thinking, so that is a bonus. What you had done is also what I want doing.
            Do you have any pics of the Neoprene before and after, how old was the wing and hours? be interesting to compare as I have two wings (Kiss 400's) relatively low hours and the Neoprene does not look good. Wonder if it has been a known issue with AC wings.

Comment

Hi Jon

No photos of the neoprene, but the sail was 10 years old with 400 hours on it. The wing had always been kept in a dark hanger.
              As far as I can work out the neoprene degredation is age and temperature related (2 very cold winters seem to have been the kiss of death for mine). UV seems to have less impact on the neoprene.

Cheers
              Mark

Comment

Yes Air Creation advise that the neoprene should be replaced periodically. Of its starting to get to get crumbly, or noticeably stretched with low elasticity its time to do it.

Paul

Comment

Does anyone know if there are any Ixess 13 wings or Kiss 400 wings available, in good order?

Comment

There are only two Ixess 13 wings in the UK. One has just been sold and modded to a GTE trike. the other is on a Tanarg, and is shortly being replaced with a Bionix 13, so might come up for sale then.

We have a Kiss wing we took in part exchange for our Ixess 13. Can't for the life of me remember whether its a 400 or a 450 - will have to investigate!

But I thought you said you had two kiss400 wings already!

Paul

Comment

Its a 400, with just under 150hrs.

Comment

Have Pm'd you

Comment

Working...
                        X