Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome

Cheers Graham, I still don't quite understand this. Am I right in saying that it's ok to carry more fuel so long as the MTOW is not exceeded? On Don Curtis post back in 2012, he says that his permit was revoked for a weight and balance issue and possibly an oversized fuel tank.
    Sorry if my question is a bit naive but I'm looking to purchase my first aircraft

DK

Comment

Welcome

As long as the tank change has been done with all the mods proper, then there is no problem exchanging fuel weight for passenger/baggage weight, the CAA are much more sensible about it now, just check weight and balance. I've had no issue at all with it. Just check the paperwork of the aircraft and ensure the tank change has been done correctly with the mods. It should be a single 65litre tank installed right up behind the seats. It's not possible to get 65 litres in it as the tanks weren't specifically designed for this aircraft so the angle it sits at and when it's filled doesn't allow it to be brimmed so to speak. But then again do you really need 6 hours endurance? 35 to 45 litres is more than enough for all but rediculous long flights on your own I'm sure. Talk to any of the inspectors that permit them and be assured. It's a lovely aircraft to fly and the maintenance has not been an issue at all. I'm no diy enthusiast and certainly not an engineering type and all that's been needed I've managed easily with a little expert advice from those more technical, so for 5-6k it really is nice cheap flying.
      Graham Jefferies
      BMAA member no: 6885.

Comment

Working...
      X