Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX2000 G-OAJB

Now has a new Home at Wing Farm.

The new owner is a student flyer and it is his first aircraft. I will be doing a little bit of TLC, Permit and check Flight and he will then learn to fly in her.

Regards
    Mark

AX2000 G-OAJB

Nice one Mark, I hope the pick up went well and the new owner gets as much fun out of it as Tom did
    By the way I think you mean G-OAJB :smile: the result of a long drive I guess.

Ginge

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Don't you mean G-OAJB ? G-OAJS is a T600N ;-)

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Yes you are quite right its G-OAJB, G-OASJ was a T600N I used to Permit and Check Fly.

It was a long day indeed. Non stop work from 10 am until 10.30 pm when we got back.

Couple of small jobs to do on it, permit and check flight and thats it, ready to go.

Regards
        Mark

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Well done Mark,a long day indeed. It'll be good to get it back in the air again, it used to be such a well used aircraft that gave Tom a huge amount of pleasure. Best wishes to the new owner.

Ginge

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Thats the Plane that cost me in well in eccess of 30.000.
            You might ask how come, well I took my first student experience flight in that plane at Long Marston on Oct 15th 1999 with the then Owner/Instructor Anthony John Blackwell hence the reg GO AJB.
            From then on I had a share in it, bought an MW6s then my first Skyranger then after 15 months I bought my second Skyranger which I still have, Great little plane and have many fond memories of flying in it.

Terry Viner

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

I'm pleased to say that i am the new owner.

A little about myself. I'm a Special needs teaching assistant in Bournemouth, Dorset. At 20 years i'm a realatively young pilot but flying has been an ambition of mine from a young age. I've had various flying experience, gliding and powered flying with the air cadets, Flying Beechcraft aeroplanes in America and piper aircraft in the UK.

I've logged my first hour of microlight training in a Thruster, but hope to complete the rest in JB.

Hoping to have it rigged and ready for Mark to permit it by September. It's a very tidy aircraft and i'm hoping to keep it that way.

All the best,

Bill

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Hi Bill, good to hear from you, I hope that the aircraft contiues to give the brilliant service that it gave the owner before last (the last one unfortunatly died before having the chance to enjoy it).

Good Luck
                Ginge

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Pictures of JB on my FB. (don't you just love acronyms ?!? )

With thanks to the ever talented Grandma who helped fashion a cover out of a camping groundsheet.
                  The slightly rough fitting is down to my poor templating skills.

Latest update!!
                  Wings rigged and all seems well.
                  New Master switch being installed Wednesday, due to not being able to locate the key for the previous one from the last owner.
                  Hoping to get the permit and check flight done with Mark by the end of the week.
                  Replacing door retaining cords due to being a bit 'ropey' pardon the pun!!

Any suggestions for mods people have done to make it easier to open/close from the outside ?

More soon . .

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9391b37&type=1

Comment

AX2000 G-OAJB

Thanks Bill, it's good to see it coming back together

Ginge

Comment

Working...
                    X