Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MYRO looking good

Roger Mole said... Snipped.....

Mind you, my first relief was finding that you hadn't flogged it to someone in the meantime [IMG]/emoticons/rofl.gif[/IMG] Thanks a lot mate.

Roger

Mark writes:- Cheeky Begger

Comment

MYRO looking good

Are there any unthrashed HKS powered ones going about looking for a new home ?

Comment

MYRO looking good

Bit rare I think Bill. All the factory built AX3s have 503 Rotaxes, there are some kit built which were handled by the PFA/LAA and they have 582s, almost all of the AX2000s have 582s and only a very few have HKS's. That's AFAIK anyway, unless someone knows more (Mark?)

Roger

Comment

MYRO looking good

Thanks Roger - I revalidated on an HKS one in Rufforth and was quite taken with it. Can I throw my oar in - is that the engine pulse pump down by the electric pump - I think the maximum length of tubing from engine crank case to pump should be in the order of 6" or so.

Comment

MYRO looking good

Yup, you have two Mikunis on an AX3 Bill because of the height of the lift. That's the lower one in the pic and the other is up near the engine as you say. Some people have done away with the lower one and use the electric pump the whole time but I haven't and just use the electric pump as a primer. When I got MYRO it still had the primer bulb as well but I took it off. MYRO was the very first AX3 to have an electric pump fitted. It was originally owned by Ron Riley who died a couple of years ago. Ron was a senior BMAA inspector as I understand and from MYRO's paperwork seemed to be a very enthusiastic proposer of mods for AX3s. His original mod proposed that the primer bulb should be removed when the pump was fitted so I was surprised to find that after all these years it was actually still in place. Also, at the time the mod was done the good old Tech Office was worried about over-pressurizing the carb float chamber valves resulting in fuel overflow if the pump was left running while the engine was also creating pressure via the Mikunis and it had to be placarded that the pump was to be used with the engine running only in an emergency. It has never been rescinded so I still keep it on the panel (the long red one across the bottom on the left hand side) - after all, we need to maintain attention to detail if we are to remain legal don't we :smilewinkgrin:

Roger

Comment

Working...
            X