Owner of G-STRG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner of G-STRG

Hi all bought this one today had a couple of hours of great flying today at Kemble.

Attached files

Owner of G-STRG

Just remember to keep the trees down in height on the end of the runeay with a hedge cutter not your wings dave,

Comment

Owner of G-STRG

I think the wind over the next few day will blow the offending tree down

Comment

Owner of G-STRG

Looks nice Dave, enjoy

Ginge

Comment

Owner of G-STRG

Thanks both the forward vis is better than most,loads of rudder required compared with anything I've had a go in,and as I was told on other post very late round out ,which is how I like to fly,did two hrs at Kemble thurs and 14 landings,Tarmac and grass,can't wait to get her back here.

Comment

Owner of G-STRG

I flew an AX2000 HKS with rob grimwood as my (then) young co pilot in a world championship ( 2000 ish) we managed third place! Good old tub. climb is shall we say leisurely, but fuel consumption seems no more than 8 litres an hour or so apparently almost regardless of throttle setting! Glide is rather breeze block like ( the HKS seems to mess up the airflow over wing centre section and tail when throttle closed) but that is rather amusing in itself - a very steep approach can be flown and with a sideslip thrown in can seem near vertical!

We ran a 582 version on our school accumulating over 5000 hours. Airframe wore well - just watch for corroding battens and fabric fretting through the aluminium on the wing trailing edges ( taping the tubes stops that).

I admit for a fondness for the old 'cabbage crate' as it was affectionally called. We even did a round Britain rally in our school one - did burn rather a bit of fuel though with throttle opened up!

Unbeaten for legal payload capacity - the 582 version weighed in at little over 200Kg and had 450kg MTOW!

Paul

Comment

Owner of G-STRG

Thanks for that Paul ,it is being permitted at the moment so will pay attention to the point you noted,I've flown her 3 hrs one type conv and agree about the brick ,it would concern a new pilot but after info on here accept how steep you come in,pointing it at the deck like you have too when you are normaly rounding out took a few goes at,thanks again Dave.

Comment

Working...
              X