My AX2000 with H K S engine and a MASSIVE thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My AX2000 with H K S engine and a MASSIVE thanks

Well GENTS, first of all a MASSIVE thank you to NICK AXWORTHY, GINGE SUNLEY, and TERRY VINER, for your unstinting help trying to find somewhere reasonably local for my AX 2000 to live and it looks like TARN FARM has the answer, thanks again gents.
    Now then, I have now flown this lady with an instructor and i am well impressed, i am delighted with the H K S four stroke engine which runs very sweetly and climbs with two 14 stone pilots on board on a hot day at 500 feet per minute, this we believe is due to the new WARP DRIVE two blade prop now fitted and BMAA modification approval piece of paper in place, with no disrespect to all the TWO STROKE engine flyers, I personally have never liked them, and if this aircraft was fitted with one I wouldn't have bought it or waited so long for the prop modification to be approved, and I have never liked that mixing of petrol with oil thing, only my opinion gents not worth tow pence.
    I would still like to meet or communicate with any AX owners and gain some first hand information on this aircraft, yes i know the airframe is old and draggy but hey it's microlight, it's for fun !!! so the engine isn't being made anymore but then they don't make AUSTIN SEVERN'S or MORRIS MINORS any more either !!! well thats my rant over cheers everyone. HARRY MORRIS.

500 fpm? Cool, I own an AX2000 but haven't flown it yet. Rumour was that 500 fpm 2-up with an HKS was a bit of a dream so glad to hear it's a reality ) What prop did it have on it before?

Comment

Glad to hear of another one still flying,they are great for STOL,I've landed to a halt in close to 100m,and take off two up 150 m,I never push my luck trying to climb too quickly,as soon as I'm off the deck I shove the nose down to pick up speed 60 and then climb,and when u kill the throttle she drops like a stone,best to land with a tickle of revs rather than idle,there is another 582 powered one about ten miles from me

Comment

Hello GYWN, thanks for your reply, the original prop was an ARPLAST two blade item, but ARPLASTS communication via emails and attempted phone calls was non existent.
        The new WARP DRIVE prop is now a BMAA approved modification for this aircraft, cheers HARRY.

Comment

Henry what revs are you pulling with that new prop

Comment

Spoke to P&M - who did the testing of the prop (on my machine) and they suggested there wan't really anything in it performance wise between the Arplast and the Warp Drive.

Comment

Henry, I'm delighted that you have it sorted and I'm sure that you'll have fun with it. Heck the AX3 that I fly sometimes is even slower and more draggy, and the 503 is no longer in production but it still produces huge smiles on those that fly it, enjoy

Comment

Working...
              X