AX3 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX3 Photos

I'm all fired up with everything AX3 at the moment. I've got an AX3 Gallery on my blog (please contact my Solicitor Sweaney Todd and Co if there are any copyright issues and they'll deal with you ;-) ) and I've been trying to include pics of as many UK reg AX3/503s as I can. On a childish whim I've now decided I'd like to include pics of every single one if poss. I've scoured high and low on the net and I've now hit a stone wall as G-INFO and Google have run completely dry. Here's a list of the ones I know for sure I'm missing (there may be others).

MYFV now have pic
    MYHG
    MYHJ now have pic
    MYIJ now have pic
    MYIU
    MYKT
    MYME (now destroyed and about to be dereg - I've got its engine!) also now have pic
    MYMZ now have pic
    MYOP (now dereg)
    MYPM
    MYRU
    MYRV
    MYTM have pic
    MYVN
    MYXH now have pic
    MYZC
    MYZF
    MYZG now have pic
    MZDO (now dereg)
    MZDS

I know it's a big ask - the above total is slightly higher than the number of different registrations I've got in the gallery at the moment - but if you don't ask you don't get :turn:

If anyone can help indulge me in this admittedly rather childish whim I'd be very grateful. If you have a pic that I can include can you PM me and I'll let you have an email address. Don't want to put it up here for obvious reasons.

You can see the exisiting Gallery by clicking on the link below and then selecting the 'Other AX3s' Gallery (I can't put up a direct link because it keeps including spurious characters and the link is then rejected)

http://www.micro-trike.co.uk/wordpress/?page_id=162

On a more serious note, as more and more of these delightful old aircraft succumb to the passage of time, this might be one of the last opportunities to compile such a record.

Edited - took MYHO off list as it was an AX3/582

AX3 Photos

Hi Roger, one of the aircraft on your list G-MYIJ used to be Gerry Breens school machine in Lagos in the Algarve, which is where I flew it. It had twin tanks and a brake mod that removed the heel brake and had an overcentring lever (to lock it for parking) mounted on the fuse tube.

If you are interested I have reasonable picture of G-MYRO that I can send you if you like, and of course plenty of pictures of G-MYHM if you are interested.

Ginge

Comment

AX3 Photos

Shucks - two that aren't problems. I found 2 pics of HM but they're fairly old of course - both Popham I think around 2002. I'll PM you my email so I can take a look anyway - I'm always interested :smile:

Interesting what you say about IJ. MYRO has got twin tanks of course as you mentioned to Simon a while back and although it now has a heel brake Rosemary said that a previous owner had removed it and fitted a brake lever on the stick.

Comment

AX3 Photos

Gerrys brake mod worked very well and applied more leverage than the heel brake, which was handy on the hard runway at Lagos. The only problem was remembering to switch hands on the stick to apply it. As a Thruster type I had a habit of letting go of the stick to use the brake with the resulting clang as the stick dropped onto to the throttle torque tube and a cry in my ear "I told you NOT to do that". By the end of the week I'd got it though and found it a darn good setup.

Ginge

By the way the picture that I think is G-MYRO shows a very different colour scheme to yours. If it not correct the only other one it can be I think that it may be is one of the missing, GMYHO, see what you think

Comment

AX3 Photos

Aha

MYHO was actually an AX3/582 so it was a mistake putting it on my list really and it subsequently became G-BUTC. That definitely looks like a 503 in your pic but the colours are very different to MYRO as you say. I also Googled Biddenham which is the lettering on the pod and that's a village in Bedfordshire. Don't know of any connection as the only owner prior to Rosie was in Ashford in Kent. Rosie's on hols now but I'll ask her about the colour when she gets back.

Mimi is still looking very smart despite her slightly faded covers. These old girls go on and on. I love em :smile:

You can tell I'm up for wasting my time today.... I've just checked G-INFO and the only AX3/503s with reg G-MY*O are MYSO, which was/is blue and MYRO so unless MYSO had a colour change which I doubt your pic must be MYRO. Very weird... :shocked:

Comment

AX3 Photos

Roger Mole wrote:

You can tell I'm up for wasting my time today....
            If you have the time you'll find some pictures in here that will interest you despite the site title

http://www.airliners.net/

A type search will turn up some proper aircraft

Ginge

Comment

AX3 Photos

hi roger bee joined since end of 2007 but first time on forum .bought ax3 g-myzg aug 07 from two very nice men at western zoyland presently i am in the learning stage doing circuits at eaglescott in north devon but usually kept at halwell in south devon .total hours of plane 160.40 so not run in yet !! g-myzc was hanging from roof at eaglescott but now up at galaxy for some tender loving care .hope you like the photos .

Attached files

Comment

AX3 Photos

Cor Dave what a lovely bird. Looks absolutely gorgeous. New skins or have they been on since new? I'll get both pics up into my gallery along with Simon's (XH) who's just sent a pic as well and some more recent ones of HM that Ginge sent.

Just shows though - if they are treated nicely (or even half nicely in Ginge's HM's case that was left outside for 15 years) - there's no reason why these lovely old ladies shouldn't go on for ever.

Comment

AX3 Photos

Hi Roger.

As soon as G-MYZC is back in one piece I will get a few shots for you before it goes out to France to live.

Comment

AX3 Photos

Thanks Mark look forward to seeing those. What was the reg of John's (? was it John ?) AX3 that he's sorting out up on the trailer - you know, had MYME's wheels. Probably haven't got pics of that either. Could you mention to him for me.

Ginge, that pic of 'MYRO' is a mystery. Rosie said she thinks it was never painted up like that and she knew it before she got it off its first owner. So we're back to square one - it's a mystery aircraft just now.

I also told her about poor Simon's headrests - I could tell she sympathised from the way she laughed down the phone. She also thought it a good idea to phone Shelley because they used to have so many AX3s but couldn't think of anyone else.

Comment

AX3 Photos

Hi Roger,

Do you have G-MYKA?

Here's a poor shot (sorry!) at Halton, circa 1994...

Regards,

Phil

Attached files

Comment

AX3 Photos

Thanks Phil - cor that's going back a bit :-)

Actually there are a couple of very nice shots by Robert Beaver available one of which is captioned Otherton 2006. Looks a very nice little aircraft too. Take a look on the link below

http://www.micro-trike.co.uk/wordpress/galleries/Other%20AX3s/MYKA.jpg

Unfortunately you'll have to copy and paste it because the board's [url] system doesn't work properly and it adds extra characters that muck it up

Where do you fly from in Norfolk? Used to live in Norwich and did my PPL(A) years ago at Swanton Morley which has now gone of course. When I had my Tripacer for a year I used to fly back at weekends into Felthorpe to see my then girlfriend, later my wife. Was back at Felthorpe (by car) a few months ago to see an AX3 that was up for sale. First time in years. Has changed a lot - much bigger than I remember it. I recall landing in an X for runways cut into a corn field. Landed a bit quick 4 up one day and nearly ended up in it!

Comment

AX3 Photos

Roger Mole wrote:
                          I also told her about poor Simon's headrests - I could tell she sympathised from the way she laughed down the phone. She also thought it a good idea to phone Shelley because they used to have so many AX3s but couldn't think of anyone else.
                          Ive had a PM back from Shelley, she had spoken to her brother about his, he said they did remove the headrests for training but returned them
                          to the aircraft when sold. She suggested P&M, i havent tried them yet as they are listed as no longer available in the parts list, im also certain

i have spoken to Bill some time regarding this and he advised me of this. On a better note permit received today flyings back on :hop: .

I think its back to your suggestion of contacting deregistered owners i guess.

Regards Simon.

Comment

AX3 Photos

I am also wondering mon ami if the jolly old French dealers might have any - lots of AX3s and AX2000s over there. Just a matter of making the right contacts

ZUT ALORS!! :smilewinkgrin:

Lucky you back in the air though ........ even sans tete-rests

Comment

AX3 Photos

Roger GMYKA belongs to me 1/2 share with trevor

if you want more pictures let me know r anybody else

ps still going strong

Comment

Working...
                              X