New name for the Escapade family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New name for the Escapade family

For those who didn't go to the flying show this weekend, there is news from TLAC. They have gained A1 approval so are now able to sell fully built microlights in the UK - meaning you will be able to buy a factory built Eacapade in the future.

Well, almost. Paul Hendry-Smith of TLAC is working on the design of the Escapade and had made some changes, not least a redesigned rear end which, apparently, makes a big difference, especially in the landing phase. Another change is the name; to fit in with the Sherwood Ranger and to reflect the new ownership and design changes, it is now the Sherwood Scout - and the Kid becomes the Sherwood Kub.

So current aeroplanes remain Escapades. New ones will be Sherwood Scouts.

It was nice to see Kate (Mather) on the stand yesterday and we remembered Terry. Kate was consulted regarding the name change before it went ahead.

Looking good for Escapades, sorry, Sherwood Scouts in the future!

RobH

P.S. thanks to the mods for changing the name of this area of the forum...
    Rob Hughes
    BMAA Member

This is good news for now and current Escapade Owners and we are sure TLac will do well. Lets hope the market picks up to enable them to benifit from all their hard work.

I personaly am looking forward to the developments of the Escapade Old, and to see what interest and sales come from this fresh start.

Regards
    Mark

Comment

Dear All, I can confirm that we have undertaken a few tentative test flights with the Sherwood Scout with the modified rear end. Feedback from the test pilot confirmed that it fly's well, the modified control surfaces giving much more authority to directional control, easing sensitivity on the rudder pedals, increasing directional stability and empowering the elevator as found in other well handling aircraft.

We have a fair way to go in testing but it is looking positive at this time.

While testing continues my focus is now on the Group A landing gear for the tail dragger and enhanced nose wheel for both microlight and group A

Comment

Thats excellent news Paul. Its all very positive.

Interested in what you are going to do with the U/C on the tail dragger for VLA. I might be tempted with that one and convert POZA to VLA.

I managed a short flight in POZA yesterday. First time I have managed to find the time to fly my own aircraft for 2 months !!! Still doing good 3 point landings even though POZA is standard aerodinamicaly.

Any progress on the VG's and the Flap gap seals ??

Have a great new Years eve and a Prosperous New Year

Regards
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X