Throttle Lever Clearance With Full Throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Lever Clearance With Full Throttle

Question time again. Page 12, Figure 40 of May-June 2008. Mine touches and it looks like it has for a bit. Is this a problem.

Attached files

John,

That is perfectly correct, and shows you are actually getting full throttle. Equally important is, when the throttle is closed there must be a gap between the throttle stop on the carb and the lever, thus making the cockpit throttle control the primary stop. If this is not the case you will find the throttle springs open as when you pull to close the throttle all you are doing is bending the lever and putting strain on the cables. On sprung open carbs the idle is adjusted using the cable adjusters and not the stop screw. this makes a world of difference to the throttle on the Eurostar.

Chris Theakstone

Comment

Thanks Chris, i do feel the idle stops need tweeking and i will look further into this on your coments above. i have a white finger nail on landing to keep the control out and rpms down.

Comment

John,
        As i said wind the stops back so they do not touch the levers at idle and then adjust the idle with the cable adjusters, using a balancer check the carb balance whilst doing this.
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X