Vertically Challenged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertically Challenged.

I am learning in the ev97. However I am 5' 4" I currently use a cushion, seat 3" so I can at least see over the Cockpit and Back 3 " so I cn reach the Rudder pedals.

However, seat is fine. Because the back cushion pushes me forward the Stick is right up my .###!!!!????. I can almost control the aileron with my thighs.

Can the rudders be adjusted? moved forward? Is there an attachment for the rudders/ brakes so I can reach?

Leg extensions are not an option.

however lessons are going well.

ta

wayne

Vertically Challenged.

Hi Wayne,

I'm pretty sure the rudder pedals on a eurostar can be adjusted, I took a trial flight in one before deciding on a trike and they certainly could be adjusted in the Swedish version (which I think is the same as the UK one). They are a bugger to adjust though.

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

Greg

thanks, I suppose I will have to stick to the cushions for the time being as the ev97 is a school micro and would be too difficult to keep changing for the one short as...

however when i get my own then its a different thing :-)

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

Wayne/Greg, the UK Ev-97 eurostar is a specific model with quite a few modifications to comply with the UK regulations and unfortunately due to weight considerations none have the (rather awkward, requires spanners) adjustable pedals.UK regulations require a maximum empty weight (ZFW) of 268KG.
        There is a better adjustable pedal system on the SportStar and the new Eurostar SL, neither of which are yet UK approved and neither light enough to be microlights in the UK.
        regards
        Chris Theakstone

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

I went to amsterdam the other day. As well as lots of quite shocking items for sale in the red light district, they also are famous for clogs - might be just the ticket...!

Paul (6'4" and has the opoposite problem - cant see the instruments behind my knees!)

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

Ah thanks Chris, not sure what the zfw is in sweden so it could well be higher. pity though as I guess adjustable pedals are useful, you don't need a spanner either, just need to be a contortionist to get your hands round the blighters as the release catch is nigh on impossible to reach in the left hand seat pedals.

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

The adjustable pedals with the release catch is the latest design which is still not ideal. A uk homebuilt eurostar could have the rake of the pedals changed during build to suit the owner by making up the rudder cables a litle shorter and making the noseleg connecting rods a little longer. I suppose this could also be done on a factory built but no doubt the mod process for making up cables and pushrods would be the hurdle.

Chris

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

I seem to be doing well the 3" seat and back cushion. progressing nicely. :-)

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

One of the guys who flies my Eurostar is much shorter than me and he successfully uses a cushion. To be honest I could do with moving the pedals even further away!

It's a great plane to fly, everyone who I have taken up is amazed at the performance and visibility. I'm looking forward to many good trips this year.

Comment

Vertically Challenged.

Yes I am enjoying the euro, I met some one as tall ( or short) as me however his inside leg is about 29inches where mine is 27, 2 inches does maje a difference.
                    He does not use any cushions.
                    Feet are on full stretch when taxing some times, getting the brakes, but hey its all about practice. I am more confident so will try it without the cushion in my next lesson.

This will change my view out the cockppit. horizon marker and view wil be different.

perhaps the view will be like when you were like a child sitting in the back seat of the car, (pre child seats) and all you can see is the top of buildings and trees. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X