Second Hand Secrets for F2/F2A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Axworthy wrote: What do you need Steve...F2a pics...I have loads...anything in particular.
    Sorry mate it needs to be a Flash 2 NOT Alpha.

Comment

When are we going to see this in print in the mag Steve....
      "When once you have tasted flight...you will forever walk with your eyes turned skywards..."

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickjaxe/videos.

Comment

Another thought on the trike: the seat frame upper rail has a habit of migrating sideways through the plastic tube clamps to the engine frame.
        Not sure if this was only a problem with later 912s, but on those, it could result in the prop striking the right-hand wheel spat if it became too pronounced.
        Dave

Comment

The article is now in the publication queue, not sure about a 912 variant?

Probably October or November.

Is the last post an example of the misplaced posts (by the system, not the poster) that have been complained about?

Comment

Steve,

This is an article a fellow flier at Newtownards published after rebuilding his Flash 2, if its of any use to you.

http://www.microlighter.com/flash2apartslist.php

Comment

Sorry Steve, I meant a 912 Blade which has pretty much Gemini DNA.

Comment

That's a nice write-up Alan.
                I did notice that he put a plastic bottle around the carb to 'shield it from the airflow and help prevent carb icing'.
                I've seen this sort of thing done before - Hornet used to wrap some black foam around the front of the carb.
                It's actually quite a daft thing to do if you think about it. The more ambient air that flows past the carb, the less likely is it to drop below ambient and freeze up.
                And you can't argue that when the air temp is below freezing, the carb needs protection, because carb icing doesn't happen then...
                Dave

Comment

Enjoyed your artical in MF Steve....very interesting.
                  "When once you have tasted flight...you will forever walk with your eyes turned skywards..."

Comment

Great article.

Comment

Are you going to write one about the Alpha Steve....

Comment

Steve wrote that article based on the Flash 2 we shared until June when it was unfortunately damaged beyond economic repair in a take off accident which the type was in no way to blame! I have now replaced it with an XLR 462 which I have put Steve on the insurance. When he wrote his second hand secrets for the XLQ he did so having not flown the similar but slower XLR so now he will get to do that and hopefully he can update that article. Someone lend him an Alpha and I'm sure he'll do the same for that being the aviation nut he is!

Comment

Good stuff Ian...makes such a change reading about proper microlights occasionally in MF.

Nick.

Comment

Nick Axworthy wrote: Are you going to write one about the Alpha Steve....
                            Nick, thanks for your support.

I'd need some nice person to lend me an Alpha.

Already a nice person has lent me an AX2000, it seems about time to add a 3 axis to the Second hand Secrets queue.

Comment

Working...
                            X