X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LETOV SLUKA

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Nige. Got the mounts from LAS, Devon..Page 102 of there 2006&2007 catalogue @ 3.20 each +VAT and 5 p&p.
      Titled as 'Instument Shock Mounts, Type 1' One and a quarter inch square.

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Nige, if yours is the rebuild that Mark Jones had, that was, or so I was told the last tube that Letov had. One of Joan's old students told me that he had driven over to pick it up.
        He was planning a rebuild before the new lady in his life demanded a two seater
        Ginge

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Thanks for that victor. Never heard of LAS, but a google says they are in Okehampton Devon, just a few miles from me in Taunton!
          Yes Ginge, mine was Mark Jones', he bought it from Sean Birchfield & was going to restore it but is too busy with his escapade & other stuff.
          Sean now owns another Sluka, g-myup which I saw at Popham last year. It was absolutely spotless, even had polished alloy on the engine. It was for sale for 4000 ish I think, but at the time I was looking for a 2 seat 3 axis. Ah well life is full of missed oportunities!
          Can we post pictures in these messages?

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Maybe this will work?

Attached files

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Looks good to me, as an update Sean has now sold G-UP and was last heard of looking for an X Air.

G-UP is still beautiful or it was when he sold it a month or so ago. I remember it when it was still owned by it's builder Francis Overall, it has always been an exceptional looking aircraft. I wonder who owns it now.

Ginge

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

from caa g-info, g-myup is now owned by JAMIE DAWSON OXSPRING SHEFFIELD

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Lucky man, nice aeroplane
                  Ginge

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Gentlemen,

I need four of my engine mounts renewed for my permit. Anybody who stocks these. They look like strong Lord Mount types, square, with one centre hole and four fixing holes at the corners. the previous owner replaced the front four, but not the back four. You can see the front one bolted and the rear ones with the original rivets.

Anybody fitted a drain tap to the bottom of the petrol tank?

Attached files

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

One other thing to look for are the "pip" marks in the rubber if they are Lord mounts as stocked by Skydrive, and they cartainly look like it. This indicate the strength of the rubber. ie. On a Thruster 2 "pips" indicated that they are for a 503 and 4 show that they are intended for a 582. That of course will not hold true for your very different engine mounts. It should be a good idea to replace like with like, your second picture seems to show 4 "pips" showing on the front mount
                      Ginge

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Victor,
                        I would change the whole outfit to ensure that all resilient mounts are of the same quality and "hardness". Removing those rivets will be a bit of a scutter. I put some "Vaseline" on the through bolts as they can be a bit tight sometimes - but you will probably come across that already.

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Many thanks gentlemen, I'll get back to you as to progress..At least the inspection of the front bracket shows no signs of cracking, so looking forward to fitting an approved sleeve to stop them. Well not really as there are an awfull lot of bolts to remove under the engine!!

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

OK ,update... my engine rubber mounts, Yes they are the larger Lord Mounts that Skydrive keep, so I'm ordering them tomorow, and yes Ginge there are four pips on the newer ones on the plane.
                            Looked at the drain valve on the Thruster fuel tank, anybody know who stocks thes ?....they push up under spring load to open and close when in the relaxed state. You can push up and turn to lock them open. Anybody know the BSP thread on that drain bolt on the bottom left of the slauka tank looking from the rear.... Is it a quater inch or something else?
                            BTW thats some long grass G-UP is sitting in at Popham !

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Probably the best source of that kind of thing is LAS Aerospace they offer several different types of drain valve. If you give them a ring on 01837 658080 you will find that are extremely helpful even with a very small order. If what you are looking for is'nt in their stock they are the UK agents for Aircraft Spruce who supply a lot more than wood for aircraft homebuilders worldwide. Another usefull place to try is also an American company, Wicks Aircraft Supply, I think that they have some sort of tie up with Reality Aircraft builders of the Escapade who are contactable on 01980 625551.
                              If you are positive that the Thruster one is what you are looking for try Mark at Galaxy Microlights he has stacks of 2nd hand Thruster bits. I believe the ones that you are interested in are the type fitted to T600 Thrusters, TSTs and T300s where fitted with a type that you unscrew a mini wingnut a couple of turns, not as posh but still works well
                              Ginge

Comment

LETOV SLUKA

Many thanks to both of you Gentlemen. I have a few contacts there to be getting on with, and I will have a look at the LAS Catalogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X