Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Luff lines

Have a look at this pic.
    the centre luff lines are in the top pulley and the outermost lines are in the centre pulley. the innermost are in the lower pulley... should the outer luff line be on the upper pulley???

Henry.

Attached files
    flying is good for you!

Quantum Luff lines

Henry,

I think the luff lines are on the correct pulleys. The reason being that the trim pulling wires operate on the inner and middle luff lines. These have been run over the two outer pulleys to equalise the strain when the trim wires pull. Otherwise, if the outer luff lines were on one of the outer pulleys then when you tighten the trim, the middle and one outer pulley would take the strain, leading to the pulleys pulling off centre. This would lessen the effect of the trim pulling wires, and could cause the pulley to tilt to one side, thus applying a pull on the outer luff lines as well.

Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it! :-)

Best regards,

Bob Hood.
    XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

ta Bob,
      Got it sorted today with the help of Roger at P&M. The pic is WRONG
      Correct way is inner line-inner pulley, Middle line-Middle pulley, outer line-outer pulley.

Henry
      flying is good for you!

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

Henry,

Glad you put me right on that one. I will check my Q 1 wing next time I am up at the field to make sure they are on the correct pulleys.

Best regards,

Bob Hood.
        XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

Just to add to this thread, I recently put new lines on my Q2 (different to the one above) and found that the only way to set them up is the way below, otherwise I get then rubbing against the metal sides of the pulley block.

Inner is on the front pulley, outer is on the middle pulley and middle luff Line is on the rear pulley. Is the only way I could get them to sit any way civilised in the pulleys. Even now looking at it the inner luff line is nearly jumping the pulley.

flying is good for you!
          flying is good for you!

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

Henry,
            Mine is set up as per your pic from original thread with outer line going to middle pulley, sounds like people set them up as they think best, I'm either going to change them around or at least put some more plastic tubing over the top wire to protect it from the pulley block which only seems to rub depending on trim setting,

Regards

Chris

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

Would be great to setup a camera on the kingpost to see how they all sit in flight
              flying is good for you!

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

Good point Henry,

I've looked at where they sit whilst on the ground, in the slow trim setting it sits square and clear of the top wire, as you wind it on to fast trim it pulls it at a slight angle and touches the wire, would be interesting to see if same positions in flight, I've got a GoPro camera so possibly could try and see,

Chris

Comment

Quantum Luff lines

Go for it Chris. And have video of it in all phases.

Brilliant!
                  flying is good for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X