QUIK 912S Pitot Tube Nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUIK 912S Pitot Tube Nozzle

After a couple of Touch & Go's last night I noticed the ASI was not displaying airspeed. On inspection I discovered the plastic pitot tube nozzle had become disconnected from the ASI tube.
    Any (constructive!) suggestions on how to reconnect the two without having to unbolt the upper pod section?

Get someone to hold the nozzle and you need to do a bit of stretching to get to the front of the pod to re attach it

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I taped the nozzle to the pod and then managed to stretch my arm far enough into the pod to reposition the tube. I would have liked to add a plastic tie over the join. I'm tempted to superglue the noozle in place. Regards Mike

Comment

Just fitted one to my SSDR

A 1/4 fuel pipe sprung pipe clip is too big, also the screwed type to hard to reach.

My cure was to wrap about six turns of electrical tape around the clear plastic tube end, then fit it and use long nosed pliers on a sprung clip over the taped section, as then you can do this from along the pipe reaching in from the seat area. The increased diameter from the tape makes for better clamping.

Cheers

Kev
        G-KEVA
        BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Comment

Working...
        X