Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat modification on a Quik 912s

Hi all,

Recently purchased a 912s Quik and busy staring at crap forecasts or thinking about modifications...any suggestions on best mods for a 2005 quik. I was thinking thermostat one looked good..

Thanks

Garrick

Thermostat modification on a Quik 912s

Large Windscreen, if not already fitted
    AndyB

Comment

The thermostat mod is quite dear but does make for faster warm ups and certainly reduces the waiting times when out flying as the engine stays warmer between landing and take off.
      I fitted one to a friends gt450 and the difference is definitely noticeable

Comment

Fuel pump is the only upgrade I've made to my 2004 Quik.

You may be tempted by the electric trim, but if you are new to Quiks I'd fly it a bit before spending that much on something that may not turn out to be very important to you.

Welcome to the elite world of the Quik :-)
        Laurie (2)
        (I agree with Andy about the screen, mine already had one.)

Comment

Although crazy money, the electric trimmer, transforms aircraft, better landings and fun flying at all speeds. Would have thought the larger screen is already fitted, as nice cheap mod.

Comment

Cheers chaps...20hrs into flying the Quik and loving it, just great fun. It has the touring screen so the consideration is the electric trimmer, going to heed advice and fly her for a season before making decision.

Comment

Iíve opted for the large screen, electric trim, engine covers, modified brake pedal, Warp drive prop, coolant bottle and new wing. Excellent machine!

Next on the list is larger fuel tank. Old front suspension could be upgraded and dash but thereís no reason for the last two.

Electric trim was a few quid but brings the most improvement so well worth it, Either way the Quik is a great aircraft. Solo No 1 - surpassed by the GT450 only when touring two up with lots of gear.

Comment

the front suspension mod is a must, well worth the small cost involved, pm Kev Armstrong for details

Comment

Keir McCartney wrote: Iíve opted for the large screen, electric trim, engine covers, modified brake pedal, Warp drive prop, coolant bottle and new wing. Excellent machine!

Next on the list is larger fuel tank. Old front suspension could be upgraded and dash but thereís no reason for the last two.

Electric trim was a few quid but brings the most improvement so well worth it, Either way the Quik is a great aircraft. Solo No 1 - surpassed by the GT450 only when touring two up with lots of gear.
                  Quite agree, mine has had all the mods, including large tank, all brought benefits to the aircraft but Electric trim transformed the flying experience. The mod of changing front suspension and dash is not completed as I cannot see benefit after 350 hours on type. Luckily still have the original sail from 2004 and flying through betts test with latest Technora trailing edge. Great machine for solo.

Comment

the front mod comes into it's own when you have all your touring gear and a full tank etc, the suspension will not bottom out whilst taxying which I felt with my original set up. I seem to remember something about a calculation that stated over 30% of the original suspensions travel was used up as the aircraft sat empty, sure someone will correct if I'm mistaken.

Comment

Dave Morton wrote: the front mod comes into it's own when you have all your touring gear and a full tank etc, the suspension will not bottom out whilst taxying which I felt with my original set up. I seem to remember something about a calculation that stated over 30% of the original suspensions travel was used up as the aircraft sat empty, sure someone will correct if I'm mistaken.
                      Hi Dave,
                      I have the earlier plastic front wheel with the suspension from the quantum era. Works well , never an issue. Suspect all the concerns with the later P&M suspensions as designed for Blade.

Comment

GT450 type screen would be my first choice,but you have that.

£1,000 Electric Trim.....the best value for money "add-on" and your Quik will be worth more when you come to sell.

£300 Aero foil rear suspension looks great and saves about £1-50 an hour on fuel.

£400 New style front forks complete
                        £100 Armstrong mod to front forks

Purely coz they look nice....Engine Covers

Have all the white bits re-plastic coated £15 a part when I had mine done.

All prices are a rough idea only.

As I can fly either in the same day, I find the electric trim is worth every penny and more, and getting it fitted is as simple as dropping you Quik off at P & M one week and picking it up the next.
                        Member since 2008

Comment

Working...
                        X