Tyre pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures

My landing on saturday was a bit bouncy (usual crowd shouting three landing fees, that sort of thing, what a rabble) so I thought I would check the tyre pressures. My S6 POH (the one in the build manual) doesn't help, so I asked arround. I found that S6 people are using psi's of from 12 to 30. Does anyone know what the tyre pressires for a 450kg S6ESD ought to be?
    Andy

Tyre pressures

I asked around when I bought my Rans and the vote was for circa 25lb. So, I tried that and it was ok but I pumped them up another couple of pounds for flying dual with plenty fuel in the tanks.

Comment

Tyre pressures

I had the same problem last year with determining the proper tyre pressures on my 450kg Rans S6.

I spoke to Dave Almey at Skycraft who is the agent for the UK and he told me 30psi all round which is what I use.

Cheers

Comment

Tyre pressures

Thanks both of you - looks like I need to go to 30psi. Same as my car, ought to be easy......

Comment

Tyre pressures

I fly off grass mines a 582 usually two up. 20 is what I have used...perhaps it should be 25
          Cheers
          Ray Hutty

Comment

Tyre pressures

I have the same problem with my SSDR which I guess should have a lower pressure than 20 psi as it is only about 200 KG max auw
            Only clue I can find is my Azsalight rims say 20 psi max

John

Comment

Working...
            X