No announcement yet.

Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something maybe more interesting than 'which way around nuts are put on a prop. hub'

My book, 'Flying from My Mind' was named by myself as a 'double entrendre'..... a double meaning for those not speaking French!

It seems that this is not widely understood by many. Even the Editor of Pen & sword publishers did not get it, preferring to title it 'My experiences with small light aircraft'.... Ugh !!

He thought it had shades of Drug taking. We argued that unless I got my title - then forget the whole thing.

They wouldn't publish in colour, wouldn't include a flying DVD & priced it at 20 for which I get 1. It took years to prepare - I am not a writer.

Just thought it might be of interest.
    David.

Hi Captain,

Your a bit too clever for me on this but I am very glad to see you are still observing the nuts and bolts of life.

I could never write a book or have anything interesting to say but if I did I think the title would have a backside in it as an anchor to my reality ;-)

We need more input from you so I hope you are working on a follow-up and know as your plane matures into old age with the rest of us it still is capable of bringing a smile to the pilots who are privileged to fly the Shadow and it is still kicking arse
    Mick Broom
    Member 909
    Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

David Cook wrote: My book, 'Flying from My Mind' was named by myself as a 'double entrendre'..... a double meaning for those not speaking French!
      The expression "double entendre" very bizarrely, does not exist in French. ;-)

The book is of great interest. So I've just ordered it from your web site, thanks, and await it with great interest.

Cheers!!

http://www.davidcookaviator.com/david-cook/book.html in case others are interested.

Comment

Mick wrote:
        We need more input from you so I hope you are working on a follow-up and know as your plane matures into old age with the rest of us it still is capable of bringing a smile to the pilots who are privileged to fly the Shadow and it is still kicking arse
        I should say it is! Shadows came 1st and 4th in the Solo class of the FAI World Microlight Championships at Popham this year - as well you know Mick....modesty I'm sure prevents you saying that winning Shadow was yours.

Brilliant aircraft!

:yeah:

Phil.

Comment

Working...
        X