Tigercub 440 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigercub 440 info

Hi I am trying to find a build manual or any info on tiger cub 440s as I need to repair or replace some parts on my plane but it seems to be a tricky plane to find info on.

Many thanks
    Ian

Tigercub 440 info

No problem Ian, I have a disc that has the build manual, POH, maintenance manual and nearly all the SBs on it. If you send me an address I'll post you a copy

Ginge

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

hi ian please advise what other parts you require i have various new old stock from an unbuilt kit

regards tim

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi Tim,
        Thanks for the offer. I am unsure of what parts I need as yet.
        How much of the plane do you have, would you wish to sell it all as a job lot ?
        Thanks,
        Ian

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi folks'
          I have a Tiger Cub 440 kit in Dublin for disposal. Any reasonable offer, buyer collects. Martin Wade.

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi Martin,
            Have you any pictures of the condition it is in at the moment, or is it a unbuilt kit
            Thanks
            Ian

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

hi ian i have a complete aircraft and appx three quarters of a kit you are welcome to view regards tim

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi Tim ,
                Thanks for your reply again,
                Where are you located in the country,
                What do you intend to do with the plane & parts,
                I can't believe that people let these planes lay gathering dust & not in the air.
                Thanks again,
                Ian.

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi Ian. Partly-built kit.In my shed for years. Burglars fell through the window onto it and damaged the styrofoam fuselage. No engine or instruments, but includes the brand-new prop. Regards-Martin Wade. (Sorcererflyer) p.s. The engine went onto my MW5.

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi all.
                    I read your thread with great excitement as it seems that I'm not the only person nuts enough to own a tiger cub.
                    I am now the proud owner of G-MJRU built by a Mr P Johnson in 1973. Would any of you fine gents (or indeed ladies) have any information on this fine piece of aviation history? I full intend to fly her again after a few repairs and modifications but any info, docs, or parts would be incredibly handy as for the moment I have very little.
                    At the start of this thread there was talk of a build and maintenance manual existing somewhere, something that I have yet to source.
                    Even just a chat with another fellow TC 440 owner would be fantastic.
                    Regards Steve

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Have you looked at Ginge,s webiste on rebuilding a Tiger Cub..

http://www.bumble-bee.demon.co.uk/Project%20Tiger%20Cub/Project%20Tiger%20Cub%20Story.htm

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Hi Steve,
                        The person you need to contact is Ginge on this forum, he was most helpful for info on tigercubs,
                        I am hoping to start work on G-MMGF now that I have passed my test,
                        What is wrong with G-MJRU.
                        Regards
                        Ian

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Thanks for the reply guys.
                          Ian, sadly she is in need of some serious loving. I think in a previous life she came down hard as she has a poorly wing. It's nothing a small amount of imagination and some fabric can't fix though. The power plant is in A1 condition and most of the structure is complete so it's a good base aircraft to start working, whilst leaving me enough scope to put my own stamp on. Iam still working on the licence so I have time to get her right.
                          I will take your advice and contact Ginge.
                          Thanks Steve

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Just spotted on e-bay, 2 Tiger Cubs in one lot. Nothing to do with me.

Edited to remove the link - they just sold.

Comment

Tigercub 440 info

Good to bring it up John, it's a bit of a mess and that's the one shown.

The fuselage foam panels look bad but shouldn't be too much hassle although I'm more concerned about the possible state of the ply wing ribs. Interesting that the elevators are tipped with winglets, a la Challenger optional mod, presumably to give better directional stability with the standard rudder as seems to be fitted, I've not seen that one before

Comment

Working...
                              X