So much for ADS-B....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for ADS-B....

Boeing 787 ADS-B blacklisted and aircraft treated as non ADS-B?

Two ATC agencies 'blacklist' 787 over position-data flaw

So much for ADS-B....

hmmmmm.....the thread title seems a little misleading Steve, since it was a problem with the aircraft implementation, not with ADS-B per se.

I might even think that you have a personal interest :-)

Comment

So much for ADS-B....

Laurie Bassett wrote: hmmmmm.....the thread title seems a little misleading Steve, since it was a problem with the aircraft implementation, not with ADS-B per se.

I might even think that you have a personal interest :-)
      It's just a light hearted post to show that sometimes technology doesn't work..... 787s also need increased separation because of the massive turbulence...

Dreamliner purchasers have also have the battery grounding to deal with...

Comment

So much for ADS-B....

Wake turbulence has nothing to do with fuel efficiency, Russ. Steve is correct here.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/faa-requires-extra-distance-behind-boeings-787-and-747-8/

On a personal note, I've flown (as a pasenger) on a 787 and wasn't particularly impressed. I much prefer the A380.

Comment

So much for ADS-B....

Russ, I'm not really up on these things, but I think you are confusing wake turbulence with drag. I'd imagine wake turbulence is in no small part due to wing design and configuration. What would be happening in a clean configuration in the cruise might be very different to what happens in approach configuration and on landing.

Maybe you'll get a better explanation from some of our engineers here.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
          X