ChickenHawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChickenHawk

Just finished reading Chickenhawk by Robert Mason. Loved this book, it is an amazing read. He was a Huey Heli Pilot in Vietnam during 1965 and 1966. He flew in over 1,000 combat Missions and seen something's which no one should ever see. Book starts from application to join the Air Force to his return from Vietnam where he serves for a time as an instructor teaching his students how to fly so as to stay alive in a conflict zone from his own hard learnt lessons. He writes in a very Honest and raw way, pulling you into the book from the first pages. It is a must read, 5 Stars. Available from Amazon for 1p second hand. Amazing value for 1p plus postage.

Damien

PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them

ChickenHawk

Its a great book and I too was hooked on it while reading it.

1p !!! Are thay giving discount on that? I am a Microlighter after all and that seems a little bit expensive to me !!! :smilewinkgrin:

Comment

ChickenHawk

I'll have a UL engine for a penny then!
      Sean McDonald

Comment

ChickenHawk

I agree about ChickenHawk. 5 stars.

If you want a book about Vietnam (not about flying) then "Materhorn" by Karl Marlantes is the best that I have read.

Laurie (2)

Comment

ChickenHawk

Read ChickenHawk many years ago Damien. A fantastic read.
          Thanks for mentioning "Matterhorn" Laurie. I have a extensive collection of Vietnam War reading but wasn't aware of this particular book.
          Downloading it now :-)

Comment

ChickenHawk

Da Nang Diary by Tom Yarborough - true story of an OV10 Bronco pilot and his two tours of Vietnam flying FAC and Black Ops missions. Well worth a read.

Comment

ChickenHawk

'When Thunder Rolled' by Ed Rasimus is a well-written story of a young pilot going straight from training to fly the F105 over North Vietnam.

Comment

ChickenHawk

Damien Minnock wrote: Just finished reading Chickenhawk by Robert Mason. Loved this book, it is an amazing read. He was a Huey Heli Pilot in Vietnam during 1965 and 1966. He flew in over 1,000 combat Missions and seen something's which no one should ever see. Book starts from application to join the Air Force to his return from Vietnam where he serves for a time as an instructor teaching his students how to fly so as to stay alive in a conflict zone from his own hard learnt lessons. He writes in a very Honest and raw way, pulling you into the book from the first pages. It is a must read, 5 Stars. Available from Amazon for 1p second hand. Amazing value for 1p plus postage.

Damien
                I was given a copy of this book by Keith Negal. Its well read!

Comment

Working...
                X