Do the BMAA Council have a plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the BMAA Council have a plan?

I very much enjoy reading the Council Meeting report in MF but I have wondered for a while whether there is a plan (yearly plan?) of what the Council are trying to achieve on behalf of the Members?

What are the Councils objectives etc. Also, how can BMAA Members influence this plan/objectives.

I am not saying that the BMAA Counci should be "Corporate", but as a member it would be good to understand what the focus is...........

NN69

Hi Joan

I have to say that I don't plan to spend much time on here but thought I'd reply with the way I see it.

We don't seem to sit down once a year and make a plan or have a long term goal or strategy. Things change and we have to formulate plans as required. It is very much a continually moving plan depending on what crops up.

There is far more to this than I can say in a mail but it would be a good question for the hevy group and perhaps our chairman will pick it up and answer more fully.

all the best Joan.

bob
    Best Regards

Bob
    Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Hi Bob,
      a) Thanks for replying
      b) I wasn't the one who asked the question
      c) Are we trying to wean people onto this forum?
      d) Would you like to be council rep on this forum?

Cheers
      Joan

Comment

Hi Joan

a) you're welcome

b) Ah well

c) absolutely not, without the e-mail option I believe the group would fall apart if we forced it and I don't think they would come anyway.

d) no thank you but it was nice of you to ask :-)

all the best

bob
        Best Regards

Bob
        Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Of course another solution would be to just email Keith directly.. keith@negal.com from memory.

We dont so much go on a fixed plan as circumstances normally prevent this but is more a rolling agenda with hot topics taken care of in a more controlled way.
          BJ

Comment

Hi BJ,

In my experience it is always better to have a plan, that way everyone involved (matrix or otherwise) know what the goals are and also how you can measure yourself against this plan. There are of course AOB exceptions along the way, but at least with a plan there are goal(s). In this case as a member knowing what the focus is, and having input/influence would be useful for members and also the association, that way everyone can contribute.

NN69

Comment

I agree that a plan is the best way, (and have not got involved with matrix since my NDipM days) but with our ever changing directions that would prove most difficult from a Council perspective. We have plans for building maintenance, equipment, staff replacement - the tools of the business.. which however are mostly taken care of by the paid staff.. and these are plans you would expect us to have but are not really suitable for general input.

As you will have seen from the council minutes over the past x years most of the time is taken up with issues such as europe.. if your looking for a subject to get your teeth into and contribute on then that is the one above all.

Regards

BJ

Comment

Working...
              X