Inspectors, the future direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspectors, the future direction

I was going to put this on the Yahoo forum, but thought this would be a better place...

... is it expected that there will be an item on the agenda covering the development of plans for the future selection, training, audit, and (perhaps) liability insurance of the inspector network?

Joan

Hi Joan

please will you send your question direct to chris & keith as I don't think they are on here.

many thanks

bob
    Best Regards

Bob
    Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

I cannot disagree with much, if any at all, of what Jeremy types above.

It may be of interest to know that the new Chief Inspector has been working hard to pull together a new system and I understand that Geoff W has issued a time scale for this.

I do not think it will be long now before the new system is rolled out and when it is feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

BJ

Comment

Jeremy

My own experience of the "Old Guard" is particularly reassuring in terms of their overall skills base and common sense, however Joan is, as usual, very succinct in her request for info on the necessary action to be taken to ensure their currency, status and more importantly their protection in terms of personal liability.

Comment

Bob

Maybe Chris and Keith should visit this forum since it does seem to be increasingly popular despite Rick's playful threat to bring Harry along.

It would be very gratifying for all of us to exercise the ignore list function, like, for example voting in an election ?? :-))

Given the growing membership on this forum, maybe we need a moderator too ?

Comment

Hi Joan,

I think I answered this, sort of, elsewhere.. I will suss this out eventually.

The whole inspector system is being re-written and the role out for it is very soon. Geoff W has put a time scale on when he wants this done by and I will be better informed after the next Council meeting which is the first Council meeting proper since Geoff was appointed CEO.

Until this Council meeting I know nothing I am afraid. Once we get the role out of what is seen as the best way forward I will be, and in fact I am sure all will be, very interested in feedback.

Thanks

BJ
            (bugger.. missed the pub).

Comment

Glad to hear something is being done.

While I have every confidence in my inspector - and am not an inspector as such (the "as such" since instructors are meant to teach "inspections") - I have recently bought three aircraft elsewhere which have differed greatly from the "norm".

One issue was logbooks, which based on this small audit shows there is still no widely agreed and acted on standards. I diagree with the two books, or one BMAA approved book, system. But I know about it, so why don't inspectors?

More seriously, one Q I bought still has clear plastic fuel hose! It took a doctor in Scotland to die for a mandatory mod to be issued on that one - years ago.

As for the state of wing wires on a 912 Quantum! Yes, I'm sure they wouldn't fail in flight, as the owner said, but these are safety critical components.

Hot ships? These are all bog standard machines and bog standard problems. We need bog standard inspectors.

Very best wishes to all.

Comment

Working...
              X