Names on the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names on the Forum

I've just seen a post by Ken a new member. Welcome by the way!!
    Don't we have to post with our real names (I seem to remember a debate about this recently).

Wasn't one of our elustrious members forced to post under his full name? :yeah:

Names on the Forum

Bet you can't find it now :yeah:
    Best Regards

Bob
    Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

Bob couldn't you just ask him to change it instead of deleting it?

Comment

Names on the Forum

Oh come on Max, you are spoiling all my fun! I really enjoy deleting people, gives me a kick :yeah:

Do you want to be next? I'll bet you don't, ah well, I'll go look for someone else to delete :jumpin:

Any volunteers?
        Best Regards

Bob
        Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

two more have just gone Max, boy, am I on a roll tonight!
          Best Regards

Bob
          Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

It just seems unfair that new members get kicked off when they should just be asked to change it!

Comment

Names on the Forum

Max

no-one got kicked off. I simply added his surname for him. He is still there and enjoying looking around the forums.

regards

bob
              Best Regards

Bob
              Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

Max, you seem to be unaware of the trolls that come onto this, and other, forums and try stirring the sh1t just for the sport. Some are even bone fide members that try it incognito. Bob is aware of who is what and we rely on him to sort out the dross.
                John

Comment

Names on the Forum

It wasn't a troll, it was a new member who simply hadn't put his surname in the display section.
                  Best Regards

Bob
                  Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

Bet it was that guy Ken Parnell :shocked: :yeah: Nice guy actually :smilewinkgrin:

Comment

Names on the Forum

I know it's sad but I've just looked at the members list to see how many phantom members there are. I have no idea who any of them are but I make the same point again about real names being used on the forum. Having gone through the list only the letters O, Q, X, Y and Z don't have any names which are contrary to the real names rule. In other words all the other letters have ficticious or single names. How can this be? With "certain" people being banned on a regular basis why are we still allowing this to happen. After all they do have to apply to join, a process which took me several days. Many of them have registered in the last 4 months as well.

Comment

Names on the Forum

Morning Steve

If you look through the members list you will see lots of people with only one name showing. I go through the list regularly and if I can work out someones full name from their e-mail address or any other info they have supplied, then I change their display name for them.

For those who I cannot establish their full name I simply lock the account down until they complain, or not. New members often register without using their real names and these are all amended before they get onto the forum.

There are currently no members on this forum who are able to log in and post who are not using their real names. Of course it is possible to join the forum with full name showing and then go back in to the control panel and change it. At the bottom of the main forum page, all those on-line are shown and it is by watching there that I catch the odd one, but it is rare nowadays.

You obviously find it interesting so try this one, there are currently over 700 BMAA members registered to the members only area. Not bad out of just under 4k members. That will surprise a few.

All the best

bob
                        Best Regards

Bob
                        Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

700 out of 4000
                          interesting, fairly big asylum
                          they surely can't all be lunatics
                          JM
                          (Trustee of the Bakers Dozen Syndicate)

Comment

Names on the Forum

can you really be sure though John?
                            Best Regards

Bob
                            Ewe avterrr larf

Comment

Names on the Forum

And, Bob, how many guests on the list ? [Ones that do appear more than once I mean.]

It's too wet underfoot to use the strip, though nice & bright in Sx !

Comment

Working...
                              X