How long will it take to learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for my restricted as our CFI said it would be a positive way to go as you alleviate the nuisance of exams going out of date and there's definately no stigma attached as far as our club is concerned, in fact I would say its a benefit, at least you can go and practice what you feel you need to do before going off on extended visits to other airfields. Consolidation of what you've learned is good in my book.
    Graham Jefferies
    BMAA member no: 6885.

Comment

Thanks Graham, i think thats going to be the way to go. Currently only 4.5 of my solo hours are valid now untill November when they will expire. I think being realistic it's going to be a case of finishing the last 2 excercises, some dual GFT Revision and test when ready plus exams. Then weather permitting some time to just enjoy the flying and consolidate without any pressures of the clock. When the going is good, ill crack the XC's.

All positive advice and appreciated.

CP.

Comment

No mention of consessions for foot launch ratings which bring restricted minimum to 5 hours I think 3 of which are Solo for restricted licence.
        Doesn't matter a toss, it all depends on your instructor and your aptitude so you might as well sell your FLPA unit now
        I understand that you can't be instructed for supervised solo in your SSDR microlight even if third party training insurance is taken out for it.
        Best by a dual seat now in that case.

Comment

I don't believe there is any legal reason why you can't use an SSDR for the solo portion of your training if you own it. Same deal as for any non factory built permit microlight like a homebuilt - which many sole owners have done their training on.
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X