Am I too old/young to start flying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger, I got over that very same problem long ago by getting my optician to put a set of reading lenses on flip up frames so when I need them I just flip them down and back up afterwards. Now my eyes need glasses for all uses it easier as I use varifocals which I find brilliant, tho' I am considering laser eye surgery and have been for a long time, just scares me a bit having someone point something at my eye.... :freaked:
    Graham Jefferies
    BMAA member no: 6885.

Comment

Just thought I would update everyone on how the old bugger is doing. Having had fairly good weather so far we've managed 6 actual flying lessons so far together with 2 on the simulator. So in all very pleased with the progress so far. Take offs and landings last week for the first time, so now it seems we are going to concentrate on this for the next x lessons. Love the take offs but the landings oooer !! Joan shows great patience and I am really pleased to be with her and Ginge (they make a great team).

Comment

Well done Chris. Glad to hear you're making progress and you're in good hands ;-)

Comment

Nick. . . . .

I've been flying since 1956, and I still don't get it. . . . . .

I'm hoping that someone will tell me what the point of it all is. . . . . . .

Phil XX

Comment

As a fairly "senior citizen", I started learning to fly on a C42 the 02/05/2009 when I was 64. First solo came after 39 hours on the 26/05/2010; Cross country solos on 20/10/2010 & 22/11/2010 and my GST at 58 hours on 02/12/2010. Licence issued 19/01/2011 and I bought my Savannah in May 2011 (up to 66 hours by then). Still loving flying and at 108 hours now.
            So it looks like the "One hour per year" isn't far wrong in my case and I'd encourage anyone to learn - no matter how old they are.

Andrew Thompson
            BMAA member 9653

Comment

Working...
            X