Can I hire a microlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I hire a microlight?

PS I've just checked your website, Angus, and you mention dual hire of flexwings (presumably because that's what Clearprop! have)... does the legal change also count for 3 Axis??

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

Colonel Blink wrote:
      PS I've just checked your website, Angus, and you mention dual hire of flexwings (presumably because that's what Clearprop! have)... does the legal change also count for 3 Axis??
      As far as I know it is now legal. If it applies to Flex it does equaly to 3 Axis, but to get the exact definitions you can do no better than to ring Roy Hart at the BMAA. I have always found him to be very helpful
      Ginge

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

Thanks Ginge - I'll do that as soon as I get the chance!!!

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

When someone gets a definate answer with some proof, can you let us all now.

Certainly the news ive been waiting for!

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

Rang the BMAA today - it is true.

A/c have to have an individual CAA exemption (which appears to be pretty much a formality). See Tech Talk / Technical Information Leaflets / TIL32 - BMAA Code of Practice for Microlight Hire. It's all in there, folks!!!!

In my opinion, this could be a real injection for the microlight scene, and an additional death knell for GA.

I will be embarking on my conversion to an NPPL (M) as soon as we have winds lower than 17G27......

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

Just the news i was after...hurrah!

I also agree the more and more the microlight lawas change the quicker i think we will see a decrease in those big old tins up in the skies and more microlights.

Now just to make a JAR PPL (M) :tongue:

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

Agreed. My (GA) club which promote Affordable Flying according to at least one source have just raised the hire cost of a std PA28 Warrior to 103/hr solo. I can fly a C42 at Bagby for 90/hr dual...

Before anyone (and even I can guess a few names) itemise to me the reasons for the difference in costs, let me just say that I know, I don't care, and (for me) the extra cost doesn't hold any value.

I thank you!

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

Which Schools are currently hiring 2-seat flexwings and allow passengers to be taken?

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

As I far as I know there are no flex wings available for hire anywhere near London.
                    I would love to be able to hire one.

Point me if I am wrong

Comment

Can I hire a microlight?

contact Gregg at twotwo fly microlights.
                      based at North Weald, Gravely and Little Gransdon

07791 025943 or email at: twotwofly@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X