Where can I get Mock Exam papers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get Mock Exam papers?

Does anybody have any mock exam papers? I have been through the questions listed on microlighthangar and would like some more practice before parting with my hard earned cash?

Thanks

Some here as well, if you've not tried it already.

http://www.kerwood.com/flying/index.asp

Comment

http://www.islandmicrolightclub.com/ look under education for exams plus loads of other informative stuff

good luck
      Flexy :yeah:

Comment

Retitled and moved to FAQ

Comment

Look on ebay?? Worked for me

Comment

There are some test papers online at the Microlight Hanger site. (www.microlighthanger.co.uk) I recently had a go and found them really fun to do. They give you the answers and your score at the end!

Comment

[table style=DISPLAY: inline; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0]
              [tr ][td style=FILTER: Glow(color=red, strength=2)]Practice Exams[/td][/tr][/table]

Air Law:
              Meteorology:]http://www.islandmicrolightclub.com/education/exams/meteorology.htm

Aircraft Technical: [url=http://www.islandmicrolightclub.com/education/exams/aircraft_technical.htm]http://www.islandmicrolightclub.com/education/exams/aircraft_technical.htm

Comment

davy bolam wrote: There are some test papers online at the Microlight Hanger site. (www.microlighthanger.co.uk) I recently had a go and found them really fun to do. They give you the answers and your score at the end!
                From what I can tell the Microlight Hangar hasn't been updated since 2005, pity I was after some of their mock exam software ... Anthony Campbell where are you?

Comment

I said yonks ago that this is just the sort of thing that the BMAA should be selling in it's shop - don't have to sell hard copy or CDs, just downloads.

None of the other stuff in the marketplace has the authority of the BMAA's own material. If you can buy past GCSE exam papers for your kids I can't see how or why the world should stop turning if the BMAA sold old exams and answers.

Or is the problem that (a) in reality there aren't that many 'different' versions of each exam and (b) the clubs etc would be up in arms because it would affect the number of students coming forward for ground school ;-)

Comment

the difference between past GCSE exams and BMAA ones is that GCSE exams change each year, while flying schools each have a current set of papers and they get recycled over and over

Examiners are very strict about candidates not taking the exam paper away (and I even had to hand in all the rough paper I had written calculations on, presumably to stop me carrying a copy of a question out with me).

Past GCSE and other exam papers can be used for "question spotting".....looking for the type of question that is likely to be asked and preparing a model answer. You can't do that with a BMAA paper because the same questions are used over and over.

There are two philosophies to this, it seems to me:

Some might say that you should know the whole subject, so that you can deal with every eventuality in the air, which means studying everything and knowing as much of it as you can. They would say that knowing what question is likely to be asked makes you lazy and tunnel visioned.....perhaps even a cheat.

Others would argue that if you knew the possible questions in advance (not the actual questions), you would be more focused on the sorts of things it is necessary to know.

I saw a film about a football scholarship kid struggling in school, who passed an exam. He was asked how he did it and said, "I cheated. I had memorised everything they asked me". My point is that focused study, where you know what you are likely to be asked is NOT CHEATING. It is just an intelligent strategy.
                    X-air pilot
                    Previously owned flexwings, incl. Quantum 15-582 and Flylight Dragonfly.

Comment

I have subscribed to AirQuiz to prepare for the RT exams for only 3, which gives me as many exams as I want to generate. I can print them off and they email me the marking scheme, or you can do them online and they email you the result (marked by the server).

Excellent stuff

http://www.airquiz.com/?PPLMania.com
                      X-air pilot

Comment

currently revising and have been using the AirQuiz mocks as a way of highlighting problem areas...and have to say they are great!
                        X-air pilot

Comment

I link to :- www.microlighthangar.com/aircraftexam/
                          Barry Light

Comment

yes, I like that one too but the number of questions you can get without subscribing is very low and just gets recycled (for RT, anyway). Used it with success for Air Law, though
                            X-air pilot

Comment

Passed written exam with very good score, so those Air Quiz exams were very useful.
                              X-air pilot

Comment

Working...
                              X