• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spamfield 2016

Have the dates been published yet
    thanks
    Dai

spamfield 2016

Nope. It was discussed at yesterday's council meeting but so far nothing concrete.

RobH
    Rob Hughes
    BMAA Member

Comment

spamfield 2016

Thanks for the update Rob, its appreciated. Any idea on when they will set a date, I have had to put in my annual leave request this week and as I work some weekends it would be nice to know if I can go or not.
      Dai

Comment

spamfield 2016

Registration open at http://www.bmaa.org/events_item.php?wnID=3596

Comment

spamfield 2016

Oh is it ever haha - a great year is forecast, the weather, food, bins, marquee is all in place... One more little thing to sort and we are done :-). Haha. Ewe arf to larf

Come and join the Spamfield Swansong 2016 :-). Back by popular request

Comment

spamfield 2016

So what a you saying John ? is this the last Spamfield ??

Comment

spamfield 2016

Thats the plan Brother - the last one... Well it has been 14 years or so. Not a bad innings.

I had the idea of having Spokes give a presentation on his last exploit - or how to drink your way to Australia haha.. but he is at Sywell that weekend at some shindig to butter up the sponsors for his Polar Express expedition. I told him the beer was better on the IoW but he would not shift. Shame. The most I have seen the crowd engaged was, well except for my kareoke of course, when RHM did his spot on is flying over the hill.

Question is - what for this year... hmm Kareoke? A band? The nuns from the local convent giving us a rendition of Ave Maria? You know the story though - Half say its too loud, half say its too quiet - Did not have this issue when Microlighting was predominately two stroke flexings.. we just got hammered, ate curry and watched with ladies walking along the prom. Simples. )

Comment

spamfield 2016

Oh Im Sure It will be there for a while to come

Comment

spamfield 2016

More than one swan song - now that would different hahaha.

Comment

spamfield 2016

Don't stop now...I'm hoping to get my two stroke down there for the first time and watch the ladies on the prom. Then dance till my legs hurt and sing till I can't speak. Bring back the old days (I missed them but want a revival).

Comment

spamfield 2016

Have no fear Dom i have it on good authority that this year will be as well run as the previous 2 years the Hampshire club organised it and it will be an ongoing event for many years to come (disclaimer , ladies on the prom cannot be guaranteed )

Comment

spamfield 2016

The leading light in Hampshire is Sandra.. And list time I looked she was definately not a guy.

But yes.. The Spamfield Swansong 2016

Comment

spamfield 2016

John it is definitely not the swansong there will be another gathering in 2017

and yes The last time i saw Sandra she wasnt a guy either but i do love a bit of pedantry so i will correct the original statement as
                          they all have done a sterling job the last two years :lol:

Comment

spamfield 2016

Are you saying you want two swansongs??

That will be a first!

Nope - this is the Spamfield Swansong. Its had a good innings dont you think.

Just got to try and suss out the entertainment for the Saturday night. Any suggestions peeps?

Comment

spamfield 2016

John why are you so insistent this is the last. and who are you to say that anyway?

btw i believe that some entertainment has already been organised

Comment

Working...
                              X