Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMAA Freedom Rally at Enstone 2018

Hi,

Can anyone help me out , old age problem !!!

I have seen the date for this event but buggered if I can remember where or when ?

Anyone know the date ?
    Mick Broom
    Member 909
    Shadow G-MWTN

Are you sure it's been published yet Mick? I looked at the useual sites (as you probably have) and can find no mention.

Comment

Hi Ginge,
      I am not sure of anything and would like to put it down to old age but can I get away with that excuse.
      I think it was mentioned in a post piece somewhere and would ask Geoff but I think he is busy at the moment.
      Mick Broom
      Member 909
      Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

To those who may be interested thanks to John Kendle the BMAA Freedom Rally will be held 13-15 July next year so get it in your dairy and the ParaFest Festival in Wales is to be held on 27th to 29th which I believe is an outstanding show and looking forward to attending.
        Mick Broom
        Member 909
        Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

Thanks Mick, in the dairy

Comment

Would like to see it on the bmaa site just to be sure.

Comment

Would be nice
              Start building up to the event but I think Geoff and the others are distracted at the moment so maybe a reminder to Geoff in the new year may be a good thing.
              I would but hopefully will not be here ;-)
              Mick Broom
              Member 909
              Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

I'm sorry to read that Mick, are you that ill then ?

mike hallam

Originally posted by Mick Broom View Post
                Would be nice
                Start building up to the event but I think Geoff and the others are distracted at the moment so maybe a reminder to Geoff in the new year may be a good thing.
                I would but hopefully will not be here ;-)

Comment

Are you up the palace to pick up a gong then Mick?

Comment

I wish ;-)
                    Its more a failing body and cash reserves so its drive down to the Algarve to save on the heating and get some exercise.
                    Mick Broom
                    Member 909
                    Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

Do you realise that at that time of year you may have to consume vast amounts of wine or beer so as not to dry up and blow away.

Comment

What has the time of year to do with it ;-))))
                        Nice Portuguese Red 80P a bottle if you know where. Shusssssss :
                        Mick Broom
                        Member 909
                        Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

re thread title: a month to go.
                          Anything interesting expected there?
                          The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
                          R examiner and TST pilot.

Comment

I believe there are a few new things to see Joan. Take a look at the aircraft attending on the SSDR page of the BMAA website.

I would like to get a discussion going about practical, real world, electric power for SSDRs, as I am sure that it is the future for Microlighting. I am putting together a presentation on converting my Shadow, which is an ideal testbed. It will detail the motor, controller, batteries etc, and the advantages and practicalities of going electric. By removing the engine, the ancillaries, the fuel tanks and the fuel I can save about 80kg. This goes a long way to helping accomodate the weight of the batteries. With an all up weight of 300kg to play with and with the pilot stripped down to boxer shorts, (I trust that you have some?), a decent endurance is possible. I will be going into all of this in detail to encourage others to consider the change.

I know that others must be thinking along these lines, so is there anyone else that can be pursuaded to share their knowledge? I am sure that if we ask nicely we can use the presentation facilities in the clubhouse since they will already be on hand for the official talks. It would also be useful to carry on the discussion next to the actual aeroplanes being considered for conversion. I will have my Shadow available.

I will also ask Ben Syson to fill us in on the work being done on the design code, Section S, to accomodate electric power.

Come on! Let's make this a significant date in the development of electric power for microlighting. A recognition of the fact that we are on the cusp of a revolution that will lead to a quantum leap in reliabilty, durability, reduced maintenance and running costs, and to a new sustainable, quieter and environmentally friendly form of flying.

Comment

Ooh, that looks interesting! (and some IET CPD time, perhaps )

Hope to see you there - fingers crossed that this lovely weather holds out.
                              The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
                              R examiner and TST pilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X