Archaeopteryx foot launched glider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archaeopteryx foot launched glider

Have a look at this and then check out the empty weight / performance data. ;-)

http://www.ruppert-composite.ch/english/

You have to marvel at the elegance of the design and the overall concept. Now, what kind of engine shall we fit ? ;-)

Comment

Great idea, but a bit too heavy for my poor ole shoulders
      Although not such an elegant solution, Dave Cook came up with a similar concept of a rigid wing "hang glider" donkeys years ago.
      This effectively became the Shadow. So why not an engine?

Comment

That small jet unit Ben Ashman used on his Doodlebug would do nicely! :devil:

ps. No need for power when Mother Nature gets as kind as she was to me on Tuesday. ;-)

Comment

Hello Greg,
          I felt really inspired watching your little film... I never got that high on my Wasp Laser but I still have it in a loft.
          Speaking as a musician, I think wind noise and a few shouted thoughts from you would have been much nicer than a disco thump throughout, but it didn't entirely spoil the clip.
          Can you re do it for me with just wind noise and stumbles and grunts for take off and approaches, and some quiet Albinoni Adagio for strings when you get high?
          Mark Phillips..............

ps. Then I reckon Channel Four will take it!

Comment

Hi Mark,

Turn the sound off - and play some Peruvian pipe music instead! :lol:

Comment

Hi Mark,

No need for engines again yesterday. At least I'm doing my little bit to save the planet!

Music by Kansas : Dust in the wind. Not sure if the strings are like Albinoni Adagio, but it sounds ok.

Comment

Working...
              X