SSEA class rating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSEA class rating.

Can anyone tell me how many "microlight" hours can you claim each year towards the minimum annual requirement to maintain a Group A PPL, please?

Tim.

Comment

SSEA class rating.

Zero!

Comment

SSEA class rating.

Depends what license you have - if its an NPPL SSEA ( which is the subject of this thread) and a NPPL M then all but one of the hours can be done on a microlight - or vice versa, to revalidate both ratings by experience.

Even if its an EASA PPL or LAPL or old CAA PPL A there is no need to do the full 12 hours. If you are flying microlights and therefore current with your flying skills, you can simply revalidate by test - one flight every two years - that's what I do.

Paul

Comment

SSEA class rating.

Thanks guys. This stuff really is designed to make your head hurt, isn't it?

I've just had a reply from Mickey Kaye, who seems to be very helpful indeed. I'll be booking a few consecutive days with him to do the requisite hours to achieve the dark side conversion.

Tim.

Comment

SSEA class rating.

Saw it, booked it, did it. (or whatever the advert says...)

Bare minimum is 1 hour instruments, two hours stalling, GFT (approx 1Hr 15min) and NST (another 1Hr 15min), then several weeks of waiting for the licence to be issued. For that (and a few quid to CAA) you get an NPPL(A) with Microlight and SSEA (land) endorsements.

I did it with Mickey Kaye and it cost me 955 all-in. That included an extra hour-and-a-bit of circuits because there was an aircraft spare at the end of a day wasted waiting for weather to clear and cloudbase eventually crept up to about 900ft.

Next stop is a full PPL which is a "further 15 hours of flight time on aeroplanes after the issue of the [NPPL], of which at least 10 shall be flight instruction completed in a training course at an ATO. The training shall comprise at least 4 hours supervised solo flight time, including at least 2 hours of solo cross country flight time of at least 150nm, during which full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made".

The good news is that as part of the 10 hours you can chuck in a Night Rating, which is 5 hours in itself. So you get a free Night Rating! You can also convert onto the C172 (another couple of hours). I might look at doing an aerobatics course somewhere else as well.

Cant recommend York Flying School highly enough.

Tim.

Comment

Working...
            X