Europa UL260iS Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa UL260iS Flies

Today ( 7-10-13 ) the first Europa to be fitted with a UL Power UL260iS 107 Hp engine flew for the first time from a Private strip in Wiltshire.

With the test pilot going up for a 30 min first flight and no real probs reported apart from the Constant speed prop needed adjusting.

The second flight was a little shorter but the Prop was working well no and the take off roll with One up and half fuel and Nil wind was only 220 meters. A very happy and impressed Test Pilot ( he has flown several 912 Europa's ) climbed out of G-BWUP exclaiming it was a Very Nice Aircraft.

Next we have to fly off a few more hours for the Test flying to be completed.

Regards
    Mark Jones
    Galaxy UL Engines UK Ltd
    Uk Agent for UL Power

Europa UL260iS Flies

Good to see some competition for the 912 strangle hold.
    "When once you have tasted flight...you will forever walk with your eyes turned skywards..."

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickjaxe/videos.

Comment

Europa UL260iS Flies

Thanks Nick

She goes well, sounds great and is 30kg lighter than the old Scooby that was in her originally. She is approx 3 kg lighter than a 912 instalation too !!

Lets hope I start to get some orders in after a lot of investment over the years.

Regards
      Mark

Comment

Europa UL260iS Flies

Sounds good but I had a look on your website and I couldn't find much about it, spec, price etc.

Comment

Europa UL260iS Flies

Hi Gwyn

I assume you mean the engine and not the aircraft. ?

I hope to have a dedicated page for the ULPower engines soon with the specs and prices.

The Spec for the engines can be found on www.ulpower.com.

I will publish some UK Prices along with my Package Prices soon.

The Europa is awaiting the Test Pilot to return from long Holiday abroad when we can then complete the test flying.

Regards
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X