Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonov 2 for sale on ebay for anyone wanting 1/3 share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonov 2 for sale on ebay for anyone wanting 1/3 share!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:WNARL:GB:1123

I have always fancied something on this scale! It was on a BIN price of 22 grand last week but didn't sell, so the seller is doing shares of eight and a half grand each.

god, that is tasty
    X-air pilot
    Previously owned flexwings, incl. Quantum 15-582 and Flylight Dragonfly.

But look where it's based!

Comment

yeah, but look what it is
      X-air pilot

Comment

. . . and it can fly backwards :freaked:

John

Comment

And only 15 ltrs per hour burn rate........

Steve

Comment

That's engine oil burn rate not fuel!

Alan

Comment

Yes and it will leak a similar amount onto the pan between flights. You used to be able to but them for about 2-3000 (cash) complete and just flyable from the baltic coast!

Steve

Comment

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...edbackAsSeller

Comment

I rented one for an hour when I was in Cuba, the Pilots (barely english speaking) let me fly it for most of that hour and my arms were quite tired at the end of it...ts a bloomin flying Tractor.
                  A month after I returned, I heard that the very same aircraft had suffered structural failure and crashed killing all (17) on board (Im sure saw a placard qoutng max 11 pax)
                  Shocked me as it appeared to be built like a tank

Comment

flew like one, by the sounds of it
                    X-air pilot

Comment

Reminds me of an amusing ( and true) story going back to the mid 90's.

There used to be 2 or 3 of these beasts 'moored' at White Waltham. I was flying from there at the time and got roped in to the club cricket team. We had a fixture ( ..I believe the one and only time...) at Popham one early summers evening - and our team flew there in one of the AN 2's.

I believe the now Red Bull champ P Bonhomme was our P1. that evening.

We each chucked in 20 quid for the priviledge of 4o mins or so return flight time.

Anyway - cant recall the match result - however ,..a few seconds after departure I do recall being asked -along with 4 other passengers on the starboard side - to down our pants and fill the port holes with our bare buns in preparation for 'butt salute fly past' ...up 21 ,and then banking right past the clubhouse- apparently to much amusement to those on the ground.

My memory of the beast was a series of hissing and compression noises along with the roar of that rotax - ( ..no meant radial) - amazing plane - amazing fuel burn !

Comment

Interesting item on the Popham AN2 on the Flyer forum under Trip reports.
                        Ron

Comment

Unfortunatly about as practical for us as the swarm of Slovakian Bumblees that uasd to be/ are at Nitra in slovakia. It is the maintainance base of the crop dressing organisation that used to service the collective farms of the old chechoslovakia. When I was last there a few years ago they had about 40 piston engined ones tied down on pans outside, mostly unused (they only used the walter turboprop ones by then. It was like somthing from the last war seeing fitters in 5 inch of snow and minus 8 working on and then running up planes outside . The fitters in conversation told me they could put together a really nice one for about 10k, I didnt see the carb but a hint to its size(and thurst) was that I could comfortably get my head in the exhaust pipe!!. On the plus side though the rear mudgard was solid enough to have a glider tow hook bolted straight to it, and during a round of the gliding world championships (held at Nitra) they towed 10 yes 10 gliders off with one bumblebee, now if we could only get back to the 2 bob gallon,
                          Pip Pip Ian

Comment

Working...
                          X