X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

Hi all

I did as promised take up microlighting. Started lessons in June 2006 and gained my licence approx 12months later.

I purchased a secondhand Skyranger 912 in January 2007. I would love to have built from scratch but unfortunately family and work committments dictate otherwise.

I am very happy with my choice of type of aircraft. The Skyranger has proved relatively easy to fly and yet still has the "legs" to go places.

I fly from Brook Farm in Lancs. "Brook" is located between Tarn Farm (Rossall Field) and S. Michaels.

The last 2.5 years have flown in (pardon the pun) :rofl:

Best Regards

Ian

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

Will the real Ian Pilton please stand up... :-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

HI IAN
    582 OR 912 IF YOU CAN GET ONE

cjd

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

Just looking at the old threads... and I wondered...

Did Ian actually take up flying..?

Mind you this was 2006 and Tony did recommend an XAir which would mean the student is still on the downwind leg.. zzzz

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

:smilewinkgrin: HeHe, the narrow doors do require a technique to get in and out. Once you have the system, it is very easy. Still great fun watching newbys trying to get in though :smile:

I am 5'8" and found the X-Air quite comfy. If you are tall and going to fly your own one, you can adjust things to fit, it is just that they are not easily adjustable from one person to the next. Once adjusted, they stay adjusted.

Tony H-S

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

How tall are you? I assume you have seen and examined one not just looked at pictures. There are two models, normal and wide door. I could not even get into the normal one and the wide door one; even though I could get in it I could not get comfortable with the seat so close to the rudder pedals. I am normal build and 6 foot.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3 AXIS

In answer to your questions
    1. an X-air is a delight to fly, very easy to land and a great beginners plane. The only drawback is that is can be slow and thirsty 55mph cruise and about 18ltrs an hour with a 582

2. The most reliable is the 582, I would not have any of the other engines on any plane I bought!

3. No

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 3 AXIS

3 AXIS

Hi all

I am contemplating venturing into the world of microlighting.

My main interst would be 3axis machines.

I have anumber of questions:-
    • From the little research I have done, it would appear that the X-AIR offers the best value for money. any comments?
    • Which engine would be the best to go for? 582, HKS700, BMWR100, VERNER?
      * Is the X-AIr readily de-rigged to facilitate transportation?

Cheers
Working...
X