Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    That's better!

Certainly the last bit of your last message strikes a cord Peter, flying is about enthusiasum. Most of us on here are lucky, we have managed to achieve an ambition. I believe it is up to us to help and encourage those that are not so lucky also to try to provide such help as we can to those of less experiance. Another good bit is that we benefit from much of the good advice provided on this forum ourselves.
    As I think I said before I rarely bother to respond to the "other place" apart from the occasional offline reply if I feel that it may help the inquirer. No matter how much they hack me off with some of the other rubbish I try, very hard at times, not to be drawn
    Ginge

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

I am the first to admit that I was a mischief maker on the other group and my mischief was based on upsetting those who spent so much time trying to upset me !!

I had to treat 'fire with fire' and some innocent people were dragged into it by the 'snowball' effect.... we are talking about incidents that happened initially 3 years ago.

Well as I have turned over to being what I hope is now considered as a Group contributor on here,I feel that as the Yahoo group is topical on here I should uncover some 'home truths' If anyone checks back everytime the group became stagnant, miraculously I appeared back on the group..... the scenario was "group is getting boring" lets get Peter back on (albeit under aliases) if nothing else I always managed to get it fired up again.
    Part of my attendance on the yahoo e-group was aided by leniency or covert applications ;-)

I must admit that it is far less taxing being on this group and actually submitting posts that people like reading.

The only facets of the mentality of the yahoo members that I found really appalling was that unless you owned an aircraft it seemed you were a 'nobody' and also the criticism of people who expressed a view.

I seem to recall that somebody posted that they had sold their Mercedes Benz car so they could pay to fly the 2 seat Spitfire and suffered abuse for posting this!! Well I say good on the guy, he has realised his ambition and for him I am sure that is priceless? I personally would sell my Grandma to get a flight in a Spitfire !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

Hi All,

Like most of you I gave up posting to the yahoo site a long time ago because of abuse. But have only discovered this group recently and think its great. Even Peter Kelsey who was a mischief maker on the other group contributes good stuff. As always I am amazed at Jeremys wealth of knowlege and his desire to pass it on to us lesser mortals.
    Long may this site continue its sanity, politeness and flying related topics.

Regards

Dennis

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

gccea wrote: I'd suggest trying to persuade the handful of interesting, perceptive and informative contributors to the Yahoo group
    Agree 100% .... maybe, just maybe we could have the beginnings of a proper group.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

Agree with all the above. I'd suggest trying to persuade the handful of interesting, perceptive and informative contributors to the Yahoo group, for example, but not exclusively, Paul Dewhurst, Joan, Colin McKinnon (all instructors incidentally, which is perhaps why their opinions and advice carry much more weight for me), to contribute on here and then disassociate the BMAA from the embarrassing Yahoo group.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

First time I have looked in here in ages ... great.. this forum should have a prominent link on the front page of the BMAA website, and should be promoted in aviation press/websites.
    The Yahoo group is now a place where the majority won't bother even trying to ask a question because it will be subject to ridicule or be swallowed up by the torrent of trash that is posted there..... The benefit of this BB type forum is that the nonsense posts will gradually sink to the bottom and the posts of importance will remain high if replies are made.... and the big difference is that it is much more easily moderated.
    A big vote from me.
    :smile:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

Last time I lloked at this group was back in feb 2006, what a shock I got when I discovered it's being used again, and that I no longer have to delete 98% of the content as being irelevent giberish.

Graham.

Leave a comment:

• bert barrott
    replied
    That's better!

Confirmed

After a brief membership of the other group when new to microlighting I left , somewhat dismayed at the petty personal vendettas, ingroup gossip etc. It would be great if we could keep this group objective, informative and about microlighting rather than microlighters and my mates. The south african group is not a bad model to follow.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's better!

This is a huge improvement. I must admit I still look at the noisy lot and some times reply off list if I think that I can help or want more info myself. But join in with the posturing and crude politics? no way.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic That's better!

That's better!

Lot quieter and more civilised in here, innit? :-) I must say I was starting to get quite a headache from the constant noise...
Working...
X