Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Blimey, the French ULM licence is easy to get !!!

Microlight pilot certificate for airplane:

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Armstrong
    replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910 wrote:

Kev,
    To put you in the picture, I have been in the company of some people who not only find you boring, but also thought you were ill mannered, but from time to time I find you quite entertaining. You were much more palatable as 'Reggie Bender' now you are just like 'Boring Brenda' :smilewinkgrin:
    [/quote]*Ill mannered? Strange, always say "please" before telling someone to p*ss off... :smilewinkgrin:
    Kev

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Kev,
    I must admit I enjoyed taking the 'Cool Test' I nearly had to change my incontinence pad twice :lol:
    Now let's get onto the multi coloured text, it is artistic to change the colours, it shows flair and imagination and brightens up the bulletin board, the bulletin board needs brightening up because the posts you put on are normally sprinkled with an air of doom & gloom. Merit where merit is due, if there was an award for BMAA's most Boring Git...... I am sure your name would be the 1st engraving on the cup.
    To put you in the picture, I have been in the company of some people who not only find you boring, but also thought you were ill mannered, but from time to time I find you quite entertaining. You were much more palatable as 'Reggie Bender' now you are just like 'Boring Brenda' :smilewinkgrin:

[quote]Kev Armstrong wrote:

Originally posted by Rick Goddin

Sounds like a message you wouldn't want forwarded to the DGAC? Still, none of your friends on here would think of doing that, I'm sure....

Hello Rick
    One test that I'm sure would win WFAeC approval or even adoption as policy, vital safety check for any pilot of Peter's abilities to undertake before contemplating flying abroad:-

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/general/2002/cool_test.htm
    This tests the pilot's ability to keep a cool head in emergencies, and in Peter's case seems uncannily accurate...
    Kev
    PS why DO people do multi-coloured text? Even I'm not that boring...am I?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Rick Goddin wrote:

Sounds like a message you wouldn't want forwarded to the DGAC? Still, none of your friends on here would think of doing that, I'm sure....

rgds Rick

Originally posted by Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910

My French Instructor friend is saying that a UK Microlight Licence is accepted on a ULM in France, but again....don't shoot the messenger !!! I am going to get him to issue my Brevet et Licence de Pilote d'ULM to keep me 100% legal, he said he will post me it :smilewinkgrin: He said " I don't usually issue them by post, but as you are friends with other pilots in uk I have given before, I will do it for you"

Originally posted by Donald Walker
    Peter,

He may have confirmed you can fly a British micro on a French ULM licence or vice-versa, but I have both a Brevet et Licence de Pilote d'ULM and a PPL(M)A because I know you can't.

BTW NPPLs carry the following clause: "The licence holder is entitled to exercise licence privileges on aircraft registered in the United Kingdom".

I've had enough. Chau.

Donald

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Armstrong
    replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

[quote=Rick Goddin]

Hello Rick
    One test that I'm sure would win WFAeC approval or even adoption as policy, vital safety check for any pilot of Peter's abilities to undertake before contemplating flying abroad:-

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/general/2002/cool_test.htm
    This tests the pilot's ability to keep a cool head in emergencies, and in Peter's case seems uncannily accurate...
    Kev
    PS why DO people do multi-coloured text? Even I'm not that boring...am I?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

rgds Rick

Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910 wrote:

My French Instructor friend is saying that a UK Microlight Licence is accepted on a ULM in France, but again....don't shoot the messenger !!! I am going to get him to issue my Brevet et Licence de Pilote d'ULM to keep me 100% legal, he said he will post me it :smilewinkgrin: He said " I don't usually issue them by post, but as you are friends with other pilots in uk I have given before, I will do it for you"

Originally posted by Donald Walker
    Peter,

He may have confirmed you can fly a British micro on a French ULM licence or vice-versa, but I have both a Brevet et Licence de Pilote d'ULM and a PPL(M)A because I know you can't.

BTW NPPLs carry the following clause: "The licence holder is entitled to exercise licence privileges on aircraft registered in the United Kingdom".

I've had enough. Chau.

Donald

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

On reflection Pete.. I deemed knucklehead to be more appropriate
    :-)

Best Regards...Bill

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Nice to see I changed from LOUDMOUTH to KNUCKLEHEAD :yeah: in your posts.

Bill Parker BMAA 6598 said...

[quote]Loudmouth Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910 wrote:

Knucklehead Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910 said...

Originally posted by Bill Parker BMAA 6598
    Appology accepted Pete

Best Regards...Bill.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Donald Walker wrote:
    Peter,

I've had enough. Chau.

Donald

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Appology accepted Pete

Best Regards...Bill.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Bill,
    Unlike others, I will admit when I am wrong, but then I am 'Superman' or maybe I should get my ears syringed because they might be saying " Who is that Prize C##t ?"
    Bill Parker BMAA 6598 wrote:

Originally posted by Loudmouth Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910

Ho Hum, you win some, you lose some !
    Hey Pete mate,
    Even a newbie with his ill informed opinons on matters he could'nt possibly comprehend, had an inclination that the bullshit you were trying to forcefeed us was totally wrong.

It's time for you to get a new slant on who's the inferior one.

Well done Donald you've achieved the impossible... (getting superman to admit he was wrong.)

Regards.....Bill.
    [/quote]

Leave a comment:

• Donald Walker
    replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Peter,

I've had enough. Chau.

Donald

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Knucklehead Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910 wrote:

Ho Hum, you win some, you lose some !
    [/quote]Hey Pete mate,
    Even a newbie with his ill informed opinons on matters he could'nt possibly comprehend, had an inclination that the bullshit you were trying to forcefeed us was totally wrong.

It's time for you to get a new slant on who's the inferior one.

Well done Donald you've achieved the impossible... (getting superman to admit he was wrong.)

Regards.....Bill.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

Donald,

I thought I would ask a French Flight Instructor who also teaches on microlights and here is the full transcript :

[19:27:47] PETER says: bonjour Cedric.
    [19:29:43] CÚdric says: Hi Peter, what's up ?
    [19:30:27] PETER says: I need some advice about french aviation regulations
    [19:30:41] CÚdric says: go !
    [19:31:57] PETER says: Can an ICAO licenced pilot legally fly a Ultralight in France or do they need to do the ULM course ?
    [19:34:53] CÚdric says: a french pilot with a basic licence or PPL can ask by equivalence and have the theoric part this way, then, you need 5 hours minimum with a microlight instructor to have the licence
    [19:35:07] PETER says: ok thanks
    [19:37:00] PETER says: but lets now assume the ULM is Italian registered being flown by a British Pilot in French Airspace on an ICAO licence ?
    [19:37:31] PETER says: how legal would that be or would it be non legal
    [19:38:07] CÚdric says: You're lucky because as you know I'm flight-instructor and I'm micro-light instructor too !
    [19:38:36] PETER says: that is why I am asking you
    [19:38:41] CÚdric says: but I don't know about a foreign licence
    [19:41:14] PETER says: Is it non legal for an Italian registered ULM to fly through France with an ICAO licenced pilot as P.I.C.? My ICAO PPL states any fixed wing aircraft under 5700kg !!!
    [19:41:53] CÚdric says: sorry, I'm sure you can't
    [19:42:28] CÚdric says: your ICAO licence isn't right for micro-lights
    [19:43:29] CÚdric says: you need a micro-light licence from UK, france or Italia doen't matter
    [19:44:48] PETER says: OK thanks for that, I was unsure and needed to know the answer.
    [19:45:20] CÚdric says: what's your weight Peter ?
    [19:45:29] PETER says: 110kg
    [19:45:48] CÚdric says: TOW=450 Kg max !
    [19:46:21] CÚdric says: and 472,5 with airframe parachute
    [19:48:18] PETER says: yes SKR 268kg and 110kg = 368kg... in the SKR I had only 50 litres of fuel (36kg) = 414kg WELL WITHIN LIMITS.
    [19:49:27] PETER says: The C42 I came through your strip with had BRS but the SKR didn't.

So he did confirm that a UK microlight pilot should be legal on a French registered or Italian registered microlight, but the ICAO licence is worthless on any foreign registered microlight outside UK airspace.

I concede I LOST

[quote]Donald Walker wrote:

Originally posted by Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910

Peter asks...... OK, Nitty Gritty Time !!! So a UK Pilot holding an ICAO Licence is required to complete the ULM Flying aspect of the course, but is exempt from the writtens ? ( is that what you mean ?) Does this also apply for a UK Pilot who holds a Microlight licence if he/she wants to fly a foreign registered in France ?

Yes and yes. You cannot even fly an French microlight in France on a UK microlight licence, as you cannot fly a UK registered microlight in the UK on a French ULM licence.

This must be boring people to tears.

Donald

Leave a comment:

• Donald Walker
    replied
    GRANDFATHER RIGHTS

[quote=Peter Kelsey (Ferryair) Earthrounders 2910]

Peter asks...... OK, Nitty Gritty Time !!! So a UK Pilot holding an ICAO Licence is required to complete the ULM Flying aspect of the course, but is exempt from the writtens ? ( is that what you mean ?) Does this also apply for a UK Pilot who holds a Microlight licence if he/she wants to fly a foreign registered in France ?

Yes and yes. You cannot even fly an French microlight in France on a UK microlight licence, as you cannot fly a UK registered microlight in the UK on a French ULM licence.

This must be boring people to tears.

Donald

Leave a comment:

Working...
X