P+M winter sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P+M winter sale

65 lt Blade/Alpha tanks...375 all in...sounds good.
    "When once you have tasted flight...you will forever walk with your eyes turned skywards..."

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickjaxe/videos.

P+M winter sale

Selling like hot cakes! Only 1 more left.
    Quik range Panniers at 100 inc. whilst stocks last .See web site.
    www.pmaviation.co.uk

Comment

P+M winter sale

Welcome back :-)

Seriously, it's great to have you back in the fold Jim.

Laurie (2)

Comment

P+M winter sale

Thanks Laurie,
        Really enjoyed my first week catching up with everyone.
        We are having a spring clean and makeover at Rochdale hence the offer leaflet to help move some of the overstocked and slow moving items.
        We also have a few second hand parts cluttering up the workshop, ring for details.
        www.pmaviation.co.uk
        Jim

Comment

P+M winter sale

Welcome back to the madhouse Jim !

Comment

P+M winter sale

Delighted to see you're back with P&M Jim.

What's the situation with Quik tanks - are they on offer too?

Keir

G-SOCK

Comment

P+M winter sale

Hi Keir,
              Check the website for details,
              375 inc vat Quik/Quantum 65 ltr tank mod .
              Cheers
              Jim

Comment

P+M winter sale

Great to hear your back at P&M Jim....
                Seems a lifetime ago I bumped into you on the ferry back from France.
                All the best,
                Wayne.

Comment

P+M winter sale

Hiya Jim

Owe you beer, not just for past hard work on customer service, (although Graham did a good job sorting me a Magic Cyclone after you left), but for giving Ace's products a try and putting half a dozen early models into stock.

Now they've proper anodised finish, got rid of the dud telescopic folding pylon and are making a 300 kilo rated model, are you selling them again, or sticking to Rochdale /Manton wings and trikes?

Always wondered what a 582 Cyclone would go up like ;-)

Cheers

Kev
                  G-KEVA
                  BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Comment

P+M winter sale

Thanks Jim

One more thing - what's in the kit? Tank + sender, what about the skirt as I note the website talks of a skirt for Mainair trikes - I thought the Quik needed a larger skirt with the 65ltr tank.

Many thanks

Comment

P+M winter sale

Hi Keir
                      Quik tank kit does't need the skirt, its a straight forward, like for like replacement.
                      Jim

Comment

P+M winter sale

If I bought one of them yukky orange Quik 582's would I get more than an hour out of the 65 litre tank Jim ?
                        (and welcome back mate)
                        Mike

Comment

P+M winter sale

Hi Mike,
                          From Bill Brooks and Robin Kraikes test flying it looks like a fuel burn of between 12 and 16 ltrs per hour at
                          60 to 80 mph.
                          Give me a ring if you would like to try it out .
                          Cheers
                          Jim

Comment

P+M winter sale

I would actually Jim. I always liked my 582 engines (even the ones that seized), and Kev tells me I would love flying a Quik wing.
                            Can you find out what rpm you need to maintain to keep the beast in the air at say 70mph. I realise that it's not going to be below the magic 5000rpm that did actually used to prove quite economical on the Blade, but as long as it isn't too far away from that, it hopefully wouldn't be too close to its max (which I seem to remember was 6400rpm?)

Comment

P+M winter sale

Mike, Jim, the elephant in the room with the 582 Quik is the empty weight, as Mike seems to be hinting at. I've always like P&M's attitude to service and products, and desperately want this to succeed, but that 582 Quik appears to drive a coach, horses and the entire guards through the 300 kilo weight limit.

Granted it's under with one hour's fuel and an average pilot, but the instant it lifts with more gas on board it's illegal. Sorry to be a killjoy but the thing would make perfect sense with a Mercury or Rapier trike, 582 and Quik wing as the plot would be 30-40 kilos lighter and a smashing solo tourer.

It needs a diet, not an airframe built to cope with a 912s and two bods with luggage. As John Hunt said at Spamfield, "this is going to muck SSDR for everybody". At least, I think he said "muck"...

Good luck and great to see a proper engineer and salesman in charge again.

Cheers

Kev
                              G-KEVA
                              BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Comment

Working...
                              X