Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

PS, Whats the measurement for the mounting bolts centres on your flymo?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

HEHE,
    It was a flash 1 flexwing, and has far as I know most of the older flexwings make exalant gliders due to there origins been with the hang glider fratenaty.
    I can also (well I cant yet but it is possible to once I learn!.) put it down in a much smaller space then most 3 axis types. Also its all I can afford due to still waiting for the lottery win, there being no rich relatives to bump off!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Crikey my Flymo has a 46hp engine and it barely cuts the grass

:nono: [/b]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Yep that sound like me!!!! Yes Ilive in leeds and am but an humble student. First engine failiure at the 12 hours stage!!! Dont know which would have been more intresting the lesson on stalls that I didnt have or the engine fail that I did have!!! Cheers Paul

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Hiya Probshaw,
    I take it you are based near Rufforth then? funny that, I was convinced you were an Edinburgh lad ;-)

Well I was until I saw you post at 1648hrs and then you became no longer someone who I was cynical of, now you have moved to the realms of being someone who I am sure is just plain unlucky

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Thanks mate I will go looking for a new head then. I just new this wasnt going to be cheep!!! Cheers Paul.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

This is a common problem with alloy head IF the plugs have not been fitted useing the correct torque setting. A bit difficult to know if you have recently bought 2nd hand, you can only hope for the best and do it right yourself. I know the correct setting often feels light but believe it and DON'T give another little tweek.
    If you have had the misfortune the only real cure is a replacment head. Iv'e used "helicoils" on repairs to heads fitted to motorbikes but personaly I'd not fly with one, at best the embarrasment factor is much higher and that really is the best. It makes good sense to give the aircraft that you trust your neck to the very best that you manage

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Engine blows plug out?

Engine blows plug out?

Hi I have just had an engine failiure where the engine ( Rotax 503 single carb.) has blown the plug clear out of the top of the cylinder head!!! Any one any ideas on what may have caused this??

OH and just to fill in I was on a lesson and the instructor took over , John Teesdale. He calmly changed the lesson from stalls to ex 16a in the sylbus which deals with engine failiure!!!! What a pilot that man is!! I can only hope to acheive his standerd one day.
Working...
X