Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Nice one Paul, back in the air next weekend

:turn:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Just wanted to say thanks to all who offered help and advice. Turned out that there was a spare head at the airfield that I could buy.
    Cheers Paul.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

1000mtrs x 15mtrs to cut regularly and the Flymo was suffering a little, but the Qualcast with the blowtax 8cyl should romp through it,[/b]

'bowling green' so he takes pride in mowing the sods[/b]

The strip was so well kept this year that it never had a soggy patch, last year it got soggy enough that 2 propstrikes happened because it wasn't looked after :skull:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

I just read that rotax have cancelled the reserch on an 8 cylinder engine, might fit your lawn mower Peter!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

WoW a supedup qualcast!!! Since I started this flying milarky I cant see the road for my lawn, and the gardens only 10 foot long!!! I thing a nice patio would be good out there and I can then sit the missis out there on flying days and bugger of down to the airfield instead of cutting the grass. OR may be I could just taxi the plane about the lawn a bit!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

[b]Mark is your best bet :yeah:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

I think I am going to try helicoil but how much would you want for one? just in case? Cheers Paul.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

[color=#ff0000>

[b]

:nono:

[b][color=cyan>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

I have a few single plug Cylinder heads as spare's at my workshop. Let me know if you are interested and I can sort out a price and postage for you.

Mark
    Galaxy Microlights.
    07841 614577

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Hi I can heli coil it my self but I was going on the post near to the top of this thread that said he wouldnt trust it. If the genral feeling is that it is ok then I will helicoil the head. If not then I will call Kieth. Oh and Ginge, dont let on about Petes blunt blades the engine could end up on my flex!!!! Cheers Paul

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Jeremy, did you get my PM and E-mails??

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Don't knock the trusty 503 It's a bloody good little unit especialy the twin ignition ones. You just have to hang it on the right aeroplane. Iv'e spent a lot of hours sitting behind mine which is hung on a well known "brick" a TST. This brick has a glide of 7to1, not very differant to the aweful boring spamcans. It gives me 1 up 700fpm and 11 to13lts per hour. The only reasons for having one of the fashionable large 4 strokes are (1) you habitualy cover large distances, (2) you run a school so the maintenance periods are a significant factor (3) you feel impelled to keep up with the "Jones" (4) you have an excess of cash that you need to dispose of.
    My 503 has provided me with a huge amount of pleasure which is beyond price over the years and I'd remind you of a previous post in which I numbered the aircraft that Iv'e known over the last 4 years that have ended in fields. The majority have been trendy 4strokes and the majority of microlight pilots still fly with 2 stroke units
    As with most engines good maintenace is the thing, Sharpen your Flymo
    Ginge
    Just back from a brillant day of following my little 503 around the sky

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

Yes I hope so, I think the club is getting a trip up but if not I will be there on my own. I am just glad that my first engine failiure was while I still had the instructor in the back, I have no doubt that seeing him handle a real one will help me when I have to do it for real myself and on my own!! Any idea where to order a 503 cylinder head from? Any where in England so I can pick up tomorrow? I want to get it fixed again before my next lesson. Cheers Paul.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Engine blows plug out?

:yeah:

The show will be a fantastic place to meet other microlighters and you can be sure that you will meet others that have suffered engine failures :roll:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X